My older sister, after being out of high school since 2002, is finally graduating from college! Yay! On Facebook about a week ago, she invited me to come to her graduation party, which I had to turn down since it's going to be at home in Ohio, and I'm out here in Idaho. Not going to happen. I joked around, saying that if she could get mom to fly Andrew and me out to Ohio for that weekend, that we'd be there.
Well, my mom saw what I said, and took it seriously! She bought me a plane ticket (Andrew's going to sit on my lap), and everything is all worked out. So I'm suddenly going to Ohio a week from tomorrow and staying until the next Tuesday. Isn't that nuts? I love my mom!
This will be the first time my sisters Susette and Carrie will have seen Andrew. I really wish they could've come out with my parents at the beginning of the year so that they could've seen him when he was all tiny and fresh from the womb, but that wasn't the case. They'll get to see all 14 lbs, chubby tummied, big headed Andrew at 3 months old. I'm really excited because before this, they weren't going to see him until August, when he'd be almost 8 months old. Hurray!
I got so excited that I started making a packing list. I can't believe how much stuff Andrew is going to need. And he needs more than some babies because he spits up so much, so that means more clothes, more burp cloths, a bath towel (because that's what I generally use as a burp cloth - it soaks up more!)... Yikes.
This is going to be a fun trip. :) Thanks to Susette, who is graduating college!
Well, my mom saw what I said, and took it seriously! She bought me a plane ticket (Andrew's going to sit on my lap), and everything is all worked out. So I'm suddenly going to Ohio a week from tomorrow and staying until the next Tuesday. Isn't that nuts? I love my mom!
This will be the first time my sisters Susette and Carrie will have seen Andrew. I really wish they could've come out with my parents at the beginning of the year so that they could've seen him when he was all tiny and fresh from the womb, but that wasn't the case. They'll get to see all 14 lbs, chubby tummied, big headed Andrew at 3 months old. I'm really excited because before this, they weren't going to see him until August, when he'd be almost 8 months old. Hurray!
I got so excited that I started making a packing list. I can't believe how much stuff Andrew is going to need. And he needs more than some babies because he spits up so much, so that means more clothes, more burp cloths, a bath towel (because that's what I generally use as a burp cloth - it soaks up more!)... Yikes.
This is going to be a fun trip. :) Thanks to Susette, who is graduating college!
PS. My mom bought us a Johnny Jump-Up! Andrew hasn't quite figured out that he needs to use his legs to jump around, and that it's not just to hang there, but I'm sure he'll figure it out. Here's a picture:
OH CUTEEEE!!!! e LOVED his jumper at Andrew's age. Just wait until he figures out that he's in control of moving, then he'll be jumping everywhere!!!
ReplyDeleteHe's getting so big Melody! He's soooo cute!
ReplyDeleteToo bad we couldn't coordinate our trips a little better!!! I just came back from an Ohio trip!
ReplyDelete