Thursday, April 2, 2009

What a Big Boy!

Andrew and I jetted across the country for several days this last weekend. It was the first time he's ever flown on an airplane, and he did a really good job! He slept through almost the entirety of all four flights, there and back, and everyone on the flights were impressed with how well he did. Let me tell you, I was relieved when he did so well because I was just imagining all the horrible things that could happen since I was traveling by myself with him.... yikes.

Anyway, the trip to Ohio was great. My sisters got to see Andrew for the first time, and they loved him! Susette had a "conversation" that lasted for a good, oh... 45 minutes-ish, and Carrie just held him and played with him. It was awesome. Susette's graduation party was really fun, and I really enjoyed the time I spent there.

One thing that kept making me laugh was a scene that was repeated over and over while I was out there. It went something like this every time:
-"Wow, he's a really cute kid!"
-"Thank you!"
-"How old is he?"
-"3 months."
-"Wow, really? He's a BIG kid!"

Haha. Well, he is probably approaching the 16 lb mark by now. A week and a half ago he was 15 lbs 5 oz, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

We're back in Rexburg now, and we've been relaxing. Jason's had school and work since we've been back, and I'm exhausted from the trip, so the livingroom and stuff is just going to be messy for another day or two...
Grandma Budge helped Andrew fall asleep!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had so much fun. Traveling alone with a baby can be hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute kid!! I'm glad he was so good on the plane! I know one of my fears is always that the screaming kid will be on my flight and will scream the whole time. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a good time in Ohio! Yay for quiet babies! I'm sure Momma Budge was overjoyed to see her grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete