I ran into a book that I knew was on my list, so I checked it out. It's SOOO good!

As you can tell, it's called "Before Midnight: A Retelling of 'Cinderella'". I got it at the library yesterday afternoon and finished it last night. It's just that good. But then again, I'm the kind of person who gets into a book and will finish it as soon as I can to the exclusion of other more important things...
Anyway, I highly recommend it. Next up:

I've read it before, and initially it kinda creeped me out because of how obsessed Bella and Edward are with each other. I owned the book so I could read it, and I actually sold it. Yeah. You're probably thinking, "Are you nuts?" if you're a Twilight fan. Anyway, I checked it out again because my mother-in-law convinced me that the rest of the books are very interesting, and now I want to read them. But since I don't really remember what happened during the first book, I have to read it again. Maybe I'll like it better this time?
What I really want to read is this new book by Shannon Hale that I saw they're selling from Deseret Book:

It's called The Actor and the Housewife. If you want a description of it, click here. It sounds kinda interesting, and everything by Shannon Hale that I've read so far I've really liked.
Now, if Andrew would give me more time to read...
Speaking of Andrew, we took him in for his 4-month wellness checkup at the pediatrician's yesterday. Finally. He's almost 4 1/2 months! Oh well. Anyway, they measured him as always, and he weighs 18 lbs 10.5 oz! He's in the 95th percentile for weight! He's also in the 89th for height (26.5 inches), and in the 97th for head circumference (17.5 inches)! I'm not surprised about his head, because it's always been really big compared to other babies, but everything else... holy smokes. My kid is a giant. I like to say that he's going to be a football linebacker some day, but considering the size of his parents, I'm seriously doubting that would really happen. Haha. They also gave us the go-ahead for solid foods (aka rice cereal), but I was surprised when they said we could start him on fruits and veggies. Hurray! We gave him some sweet potatoes yesterday and he LOVED it. I tried giving him pears today, but he was kinda reluctant with it. That's alright. I'm just happy he doesn't have to nurse all the time anymore!
That's all I wanted to say.
Just a word of caution- wait a few days between introductions of new foods so that you can keep an eye out for allergies!
ReplyDeleteHey!! So just a random tangent but I felt a very similar way about twilight but i made myself read them all and i thought they did get better, especially as the characters and relationships are more developed as the series goes on. :) I wanna read the cinderella book now so I'm off to the library to search for it. :) I can't believe how big he is getting already!!! Exciting!! :) Thanks for the updates. I love them1
ReplyDeleteI love Cinderella! I'm gonna have to add that book to MY list.
ReplyDeleteIt's a relief to know I'm not the only one who didn't like Twilight. I read the first two (under duress) and could care less about finishing them. My mother in law asked "don't you want to know how it ends?" No. I don't. And if I did, I've heard enough from my sisters in law to figure it all out!
Guess it's a good thing they gave you the go-ahead for solids since you already gave him some, eh? ;-)