Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Graduation, Portland, Relaxing

I don't have pictures on the computer of anything yet, so you won't see any today. So sorry. Maybe tomorrow?

Well, the spring semester is officially over. It ended last Thursday. I was supposed to take a final that day, but I decided not to. No, I'm not crazy! lol. My teacher gave 5 exams over the course of the semester, but only keeps the 4 highest scores. The final was the last exam and counted like a normal exam. Even my teacher said that if we were ok with our grade we wouldn't need to come in to take the final. I just don't think he wanted to show up to class either! Haha. Anyway, I didn't take the final, so I have a B+ in the class. Yay Geography!

Geography and the Geography lab were my last two classes I needed to take for my degree, so I also graduated on Thursday! Hurray! I walked in Commencement - the speaker was Bishop Richard C. Edgley, the 1st councilor in the Presiding Bishopric:


Then received my diploma cover in Convocation. I won't get my diploma until... well, probably a month from now. *sigh* Oh well. I graduated! That's all that matters, right?

The next morning, Jason, Andrew and I woke up at 4am (YIKES!!!). This is definitely not something we want to make a habit of, but our musical fireside group, From The Heart, was leaving to go on a tour to Portland, Oregon! It was a loooooong drive, to say the least, but we enjoyed ourselves once we got there. What was crazy was that it was 100°+ pretty much the entire time we were there. It was so stinkin' hot, I couldn't believe it. And the car we drove around it had no air conditioning. Talk about uncomfortable. The good thing is that we were able to go to the beach, but if you've ever been to the beach in the northwest, it's cold. The wind was blowing, and I felt like I had gone from sauna to early spring!

We got back Monday night - well, more like Tuesday morning - at 2am. That was ouchy. The good thing was that we had no set plans for Tuesday, so we just relaaaaaaxed. We had to babysit these three girls for a few hours, but outside of that, nothing. It was lovely. :)

Now Jason's starting to study HARD for the LSAT, and trying to work more, so it's back to the hubbub of daily life. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment