Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ohio!

So. I got new batteries for the camera. I put them in. Turned it on. Well, attempted to turn it on. The new batteries don't work. Totally lame. So no new pictures this blog either. *sigh*

To make up for it though, Jason, Andrew and I have made it to Ohio! The trip was kind of a whirlwind. We left Rexburg last Thursday. I really thought we were never going to leave. We had so much cleaning and packing and laundry and everything to do before we left, the thought hit me that we might not be able to leave until the next day, but we made it happen.

We stayed with my uncle Lynn and aunt Janice in Sandy that night, then drove to Provo for a tour of their law school. We had been there for a couple hours, and by the time the tour came around, Andrew was asleep on the floor in a remote corner of the building, so Jason went on the tour by himself. I was kinda sad at first - I wanted to see everything with him! - but the tour ended up just being of their extensive library, so I guess that would've been kinda boring for me.

While in Provo, we picked up Jason's younger sister, Katie, who had been there for an old mission friend's wedding. We hadn't seen her since July, so it was fun to see her. We drove up to Salt Lake, where we stayed with my uncle Rod and aunt Jeanene for Friday and Saturday nights, and Jason's older sister Shauna met up with us there on Friday night. We talked for a long time, enjoyed Pupusas (native food to El Salvador, where Jason served his mission), watched tv, and watched several episodes of a tv show called Parker Lewis Can't Lose, a favorite show of Jason and his sisters growing up.

Saturday we lounged around my aunt and uncle's house for the morning, then spent the later part of the day shopping! We went to this store similar to REI or Dick's called Kirkham's for Shauna, then we went to the Gateway Mall and spent a good long time there. Jason and I didn't get anything, although a couple times I really wanted something. I hate being poor! You end up not even being able to replace a thing that needs replacing! ...such as jeans with holes in them. *sigh* Oh well. Oh, and I've realized that shopping for clothes after having a baby is completely different from before having a baby. My body is shaped differently, even though I didn't know it. Things don't fit correctly anymore!

Sorry for complaining. Moving on.

Jason and I flew out here Sunday, but we missed our flight! We thought it took off at 11:14, but it took off 10:38, so we got there just in time for the plane to be taking off, just about. Whoops! We talked with someone and got it worked out, so we arrived in Columbus 2 1/2 hours after our original time, but I think it worked out better for everyone. My parents had just gotten done with a fireside celebrating the 10-year anniversary of the Columbus Ohio temple, where my mom would've had to rush to pick us up and get to the fireside if we had taken our original flight. It was fun though because both of my parents plus Carrie and my friend Rachel were able to come to the airport to get us! We had a great ride home.

There was a family reunion on Monday in Kentucky, so we had more traveling. I didn't recognize a lot of the people because it was a reunion for my great aunt Pete (her name is a completely other story), my grandpa's sister. We spent 8 hours in the car and 2-3 hours there. It was a long day, especially for Andrew. Poor guy.

We've been relaxing for the most part since Tuesday. My sister, Carrie, is a hairstylist, and she gave me a new haircut yesterday, which is cuuute - I actually have bangs that are nice instead of those super-long ones that just barely don't fit behind your ears. Then we met up with a friend of Jason's from Washington that's out here for dental school. It was pretty fun.

I have plans to meet up with one of my friends today and just take a walk around the neighborhood to catch up.

Can I just say how much I love being home? I think I started to miss it more and more out at school, especially when I got married and the idea that I may never go back to Ohio to stay got into my head. Going to school in Idaho and marrying a guy from Washington state makes it hard to come home at all. I'm so excited that Jason, Andrew and I get to be here for several months for Jason's internship, that my parents get to be grandparents, that my sisters get to be aunts, and I get the help with Andrew that I've longed for these months on end.

Yay for Ohio!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! We need to get Genevieve and Andrew together! Speaking of, I'm teaching a parent-child music class that Julee brings Lara and Vivi to. I think you should come too since you'll be here for a while! It starts next Thursday (19th) and goes from 9:45-10:30. E-mail me your number and I'll call you with details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're having fun at home. I hate growing up, how everyone goes different directions. My favorite times are when my whole family is together.

    ReplyDelete