"You'll never catch up with a mere hope." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Well, I'm trying to catch up. Oh dear. Let's hope I'm able to, either with this post, or the next. We'll see.
I left off with us staying the night in Indianapolis. The reason we stopped there instead of going all the way home or stopping sooner is because my parents were staying there. Why? We had a funeral for my uncle, my mom's brother, there the next day. He's been gone for probably a year or two and had been cremated, but his two sons are in the military and were never able to be here in the states at the same time until Saturday, July 2nd, so that's when the funeral happened!
Anyway, the night before the funeral, we stayed in this REALLY cool hotel in Indianapolis, called the Crowne Plaza Hotel. This hotel was built in an old railway station, and it still has some old passenger trains inside it. In fact, they had turned the old railway cars into hotel rooms! And we got to stay in one! Thanks goes out to my dad for that one - he was the one who made the hotel reservations and paid for us all to stay there. So neat!
 |
| This was the outside of our hotel room - it really was a train car! |
That Saturday was my uncle's funeral. Since it had been quite some time since he died and he was quite the casual, funny person, it was actually very light-hearted and fun! That will probably be the last funeral like that I ever go to, but I'm glad we were able to make it. :) After the funeral, we drove to
Cincinnati and attended a
baseball game. My uncle was an avid Reds fan, as is the rest of my mom's family, and they were playing the Indians that afternoon/evening. The Reds lost, much to the sadness of my mom's family, and happiness of my sister, Susette (a huge Indians fan). Here are some pictures from the game:
 |
| We had excellent seats! This picture was taken without zooming! |
 |
| Great company - my dad, Susette in her Indians garb, Josh, and Jason |
 |
| Andrew enjoyed himself big time! |
 |
| Jason and I, enjoying the heat (it was HOT that day) |
 |
| Andrew shared an ice cream sandwich with Jason, and every time he got some on his hands, he wiped it on his SHIRT! And in his hair. Yuck! |
 |
| We got special tickets where we got free food inside with air conditioning, and that's where David happily stayed the entire time! |
The next Monday was the
4th of July, and it was pretty calm. We dropped off Jason's sister, Shauna, at the airport to fly back to Las Vegas, and after that, we went grocery shopping and hung out at home. In the evening, my parents had a barbecue in their backyard with some friends, and we had fun there with them!
 |
| David rolled around on his blanket in the grass |
 |
| Resting after playing soccer with the boys! |
Since then, we haven't been up to a whole lot. Jason's back to work, and I'm back to watching Cars and Winnie the Pooh's counting movie a million times and cooking and cleaning and laundry.
On the up-side, David's been eating
solid food for probably a week! He started waking up in the middle of the night again because he was hungry, and if we're diligent in giving him solid food at least twice during the day, he will sleep most of the way through the night again. Yay! He's loving solid food, and so far has tried carrots, sweet potatoes, applesauce, pears, and bananas.
 |
| Grabbing at the spoon because I wasn't giving it to him fast enough! |
Ta daaaa! There you go. I'll probably do another post with more pictures of what we've been up to lately soon, but I haven't even uploaded them to the computer yet. So you'll just have to wait.
Secret: I am utterly and completely hair-ignorant. I only know how to wear my hair down, half up, in a ponytail, and braided down the side. I only use hairspray every once in a while. I don't even know how to use a curling iron, really. Are there some EASY styles I could quickly learn how to do, considering I'm extremely novice? What are some of your favorite, easy styles?
looks like you had so much fun!! miss seeing you in church, hope your liking your new place and ward!!
ReplyDeleteNow THAT is a cool hotel!!!! So fun.
ReplyDeleteOh that hotel sounds like so much fun!! :) I am slightly jealous...and will have to keep that in mind if this child is a boy...I bet when he's old enough he would LOVE something like that (as would his momma). Oh curling long hair is my FAVORITE thing! But an explanation over the internet seems too tedious. Maybe someday I'll just show you. :)
ReplyDelete