Thursday, December 1, 2011

Amazing Recipe

"I find chopsticks frankly distressing. Am I alone in thinking it odd that a people ingenious enough to invent paper, gunpowder, kites, and any number of other useful objects, and who have a noble history extending back 3,000 years haven't yet worked out that a pair of knitting needles is no way to capture food?" -Bill Bryson 

I've often wondered the same thing............

Alright guys. I have to admit - I am not the best cook. I can follow a recipe... most of the time. And really, the things I made do turn out ok. I have aspirations to become this amazing cook and baker that can look in my fridge and pantry and invent some new dish or dessert just by seeing what I have.

That will not be happening soon, my friends. Usually, the problem I have is finding all the ingredients in my house for a recipe that's already been invented.

I'm always on the lookout for a new (EASY) recipe to try out on my little family. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I LOVE Pinterest, mostly for decorating ideas, crafts I could make someday, holiday items, and new recipes to attempt. I actually had Jason look for a meal to try from my food board, and he found this one. I had high hopes, and man, did it turn out!

Pinned Image
Pinned HERE
It's called Tuscan Pasta with Tomatl-Basil Cream. Jason loved it. I loved it. You'll love it too. Try it! Click HERE for the recipe. You won't regret it.

In other news, I've decided that I am decorating-illiterate. If anyone is good at that kind of stuff, would you be willing to share your talents with me? Maybe you can take what we have and figure out an amazing way of making our apartment look good. Because currently, it looks like a dorm. And it makes me sad.

Secret: I really like doing my family history. Especially now that there's the New Family Search website, it's so easy to organize. My dad recently gave me this HUGE book of remembrance for his side of the family. It's binding is expandable, and right now it's at least three or four inches wide. I just love discovering old family members and their stories.

4 comments:

  1. oh ok i will comment :)
    i love the new christmas theme!
    that look so delicious i might cry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post!! Everything about it is so real. When you find that decorating person, would you might sharing them? You got your no-skills-in-decorating from me, hahaha! PS - I LOVE the manger at the top - we share of LOVE of Christmas:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have good ideas on decorating. It's putting them into reality that is problematic. Sometimes it doesn't turn out how I want it to and I don't know how to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! Oh and your hair in the post below is adorable! I need to figure out how to braid my own hair like that.

    The elf on the shelf is expensive to start. You get a book and the Elf in a cool box. You could always just buy or make your own elf though. He doesn't have to be "the elf on the shelf"

    Mine was $30.00 but I've saved a lot of time and energy and money cleaning up messes because Austin is so much better behaved because he always has Elf watching him to make sure he is good :)

    ReplyDelete