"Anything is good if it's made of chocolate." -Jo Brand
"Fettuccine Alfredo is macaroni and cheese for adults." -Mitch Hedberg
and
"Food should be fun." -Thomas Keller
I've been a little MIA. First, Jason had finals. Then he started his practicum (kinda like an internship). Then the people we were sharing our internet with moved.
And the internet was JUST started again. Hurray!
Let's see. What have we been up to?
My younger sister came to town from Salt Lake. She was a bridesmaid in two weddings two weeks apart, and she had some things she wanted to do and people she wanted to see in between, so she was around for a couple weeks. She and I went to Zoombezi Bay one day, and it was great. It was just the two of us, and I haven't spent that long without the boys with just Carrie in... well, I don't think it's ever happened. We had a great time! And I got a little burned - on one shoulder! - but I don't care.
She also gave us all haircuts. Except David. His hair is still too short, poor boy. Mine is a bit shorter - I got a couple inches chopped off. But Andrew looks so much better without all that shaggy hair. I have a picture of him getting his hair cut, but none of him after the cut. Weird.
| Yes, that was Andrew's version of a smile. He's not grimacing |
The second wedding Carrie was a part of was for a good mutual friend of ours: Rachel. Rachel and I were great friends growing up, starting in third grade when she moved to my hometown. She became best friends with Carrie when Rachel and I started college and I went out to Idaho and Rachel stayed here. She might as well be a part of our family. I was really happy to be able to attend her wedding and reception. Derrik is one lucky guy!
| Coming out of the temple, for the first time as Mr. and Mrs. Young! |
Along with that, my parents have been in England and Scotland for the last week, and will be there and in Ireland for another week. It's ridiculous. My mom sends us texts and pictures a few times a day just to let us know that they're still alive and kicking and having fun. They've been doing all these cool things!
Anything else? Oh yes, I got sick a few days ago. It was lovely. I'm sure you want to hear all about that...
Day 8 - Three things you want to say to different people.
Eh... I don't feel like doing this one. Or Day 9 - Pet peeves. I'm pretty sure I've done this one a hundred times. So let's do Day 10.
Day 10 - If you could only live off of one food and one beverage for the rest of your days, what would they be?
The beverage for me is obvious - water. I love water, especially if it's cold. Yummm. I like other drinks too, but most days that's all I have.
The food issue is a little harder. I would say some sort of dessert, because I would really miss having dessert if I couldn't have it for the rest of my life. But then I'd be really unhealthy, eating only dessert, and I'd probably be really fat and ugly and sick and unhappy, and I'd probably die in a year. Or less. So I'd say that's not an option.
Those who know me well know that I like variety when it comes to my meals. I dislike eating leftovers because it feels like I JUST ate the thing I'm eating again. So this is Really hard.
What could I put up with eating every meal, every snack, for the rest of my life? Country Fried Chicken sounds pretty good right about now, especially if it tastes as good as Texas Roadhouse's! (It probably isn't much better than a dessert, huh? Haha.)
Secret: I have a hard time finding peep-toed shoes that look good on me. They'll fit just fine, but my toes are too stubby to "peep". Haha.

No comments:
Post a Comment