Thursday, September 27, 2012

Alex Goot + Day 16

"Without music, life would be a mistake." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Alright. So. I've been having this huge music bomb go off in my head lately, where I just want to listen to music all the time, especially N Sync or One Direction or some other pop-y music.

The other day, I got the song "Good Time" by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen stuck in my head. I go onto YouTube to look for their video, but for some reason on my phone, it doesn't like loading "official" videos. I picked a video that I thought might've been the right one, but it was a cover of the original. Um, guys, this cover ROCKED my socks off. I just HAD to share it with you!


Oh, so good! It's by this guy named Alex Goot and a group called Against the Current. Alex Goot has a bunch of videos on YouTube, most of them a-MAY-zing covers of other songs. I haven't checked out Against the Current a whole lot, but they seem pretty talented as well.

Random tidbit: I made a channel on Pandora just for N Sync, and the song "Come On Over" by Christina Aguilera came on. Who remembers that song? Holy smokes. I totally forgot about it, but I like it a lot!

Here's another random video for you. I'm pretty sure you've never heard the song (except you, Susette!), so you've definitely NEVER seen the video, but it's hysterical. I nearly peed my pants. Seriously.


Hi-LAR-ious.

Ok, on to other things.

Day 16 - If the world were to end tomorrow, what would you do with your remaining time on earth?

Uh, wow. That's morbid. And really sad. Well, since it's 9pm and the boys are asleep, I'd get David out of his crib and Andrew out of his bed and lay down with them in my bed and just smother them with kisses while they slept. I'd call my family members to say goodbye. I'd sit down with Jason and look at old pictures. I'd pray and read scriptures.

Wow. Writing the part about the boys nearly made me tear up. Phew!

Secret: Sometimes I still wish I was brave enough to be a singer. When I was younger, I had this dream that one day I would hit the stage with my own songs, and people would love me. Part of the longing came from my love of singing. The other part was my wish to be accepted for who I was. I think I want it now for the same reasons, but you'd never hear me say that out loud.

4 comments:

  1. Dude, music videos were awesome. And I totally remember Come On Over. Strangely, it reminds me of my good friend Haidy. Not sure why.... Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry...both for hugging the boys and saying goodbye to all of us and then, losing your dream of becoming a singer:( I'm not sure who stopped you from dreaming, but I'd like to beat the CRAP out of them!!! LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok in 6th grade someone gave me the chirstina agularia cd with that on it and IT WAS IN SPANISH and i totally still listened to it all the time haha so anytime i hear it i'm just singing the spanish version in my head, ven comigo, ven comigo bebe hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I love that song Come on Over! So fun, and now I'm going to have to go listen to it! Old songs that bring back happy feelings and good memories are the best. I always feel like music can convey feelings and memories so much more than just spoken words.

    Thanks for coming back to my blog, it's been a while since I've heard from you! :) And I miss you too! I still read your blog every time you write, sorry I don't comment nearly enough!

    ReplyDelete