Sunday, September 16, 2012

Birthday! + Day 15

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" -Satchel Paige

Huh. What an interesting question! I guess that would depend on my mood and the day. Some days I wish I was a teenager again, just because life, though hard, was a lot more carefree back then. I was independent (or as independent as a teenager could be) and didn't have anyone depending on me. Other days, I would be an old lady. I go to bed and wake up exhausted. My joints sometimes hurt and my body aches. I sometimes feel like I've experienced a lot and I have a lot of advice to give. Haha.

Hello, my friends. Today is my birthday! I've turned 26 years old today. It's funny. Because I'm 26 now, it doesn't feel very old, but I remember when I was younger thinking that 26 was ancient! And I work with the young women, so sometimes it feels like I really AM ancient! But then I look at my friends that are 30, 35, 40 years old, and they still seem so young. And so they are. I'm looking forward to growing older, and I just hope that life doesn't kill me before then. :)

We celebrated my birthday yesterday. And today. Yesterday, we went out to eat at this place in German Village called Claddagh Irish Pub. Don't worry, it wasn't like a bar or anything, and we all drank water. Haha. I had Balsamic Chicken, and it was tasty, but I think I'll try something else if we go there again. Then they brought me out a dessert: a sampler of vanilla ice cream, flour-less chocolate cake (and oh my, it was rich!), and creme brulee! Yummy!

On the third Sunday of every month, my parents started a tradition of having some of our friends over for dinner when Carrie was gone on her mission to keep them up as to how she was doing out there. They still come over on the third Sunday every month, and Carrie's been home a year. :) We love it. Anyway, it just happened to fall on my birthday today, which was really exciting. We had honey parmesan pork, mixed veggies and fruit salad (a recipe I found from Pinterest). Then we had a cake from Golden Delight, an asian bakery here in Columbus. I know it sounds weird, but guys, seriously. If you're around, you should check it out. Super tasty.

Alright, enough of that. I don't want to talk about getting old anymore. Haha.

Day 15 - A photo of someone you fancy at the moment

Haha, I think the person who put this challenge together is British or something. Someone you fancy is not a typical American phrase, although it would be excellent if it was...

Well, I will start out by posting this guy's picture, because he's my favorite every day:

I mean, really. Duh.
But that's not as fun as you were expecting, huh? And of course I still have celebrity crushes. I'm not blind.

Hmmm... Who am I thinking is my favorite today?

Ooh, this guy is seriously attractive. See?:

JC Chasez
Yeah. I'd say I'm pretty much in love with his face and his amazing Mickey Mouse Club acting skills and his voice right about now. I've told you I've been reminiscing about N Sync and MMC and stuff like that lately, right? Because I totally am. Hard core. *sigh*

Secret: When I eat cereal, I turn my bowl around clockwise and take bites from the top of the bowl. I HATE mushy cereal, so I feel like when I turn the bowl and take bites from a new place every time, I'm not letting any of the cereal get too mushy. I know. Weird.

Me Quote: "I've found out that I can survive on my own, but I don't know that I'd want to. My life revolves around the people I care about, and I think I would fall apart if I was away for too long or if I wasn't in constant touch with them. Everyone likes to think they're invincible, but sometimes you have to admit that you have weaknesses." (Saturday, July 31, 2004)

2 comments:

  1. hahaha "i'm not blind"
    ok i'm not kidding, at least in those 2 pictures, your husband looks like JC. for real. that is funny.

    happy birthday happy birthday! again haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh. I forgot to say Happy Birthday! So, Happy Birthday you ae awesome and I love you!

    ReplyDelete