Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day + Food + Day 14

"My cooking is so bad my kids thought Thanksgiving was to commemorate Pearl Harbor." -Phyllis Diller

*snort* Thank goodness my cooking isn't that bad...

Topic #1: Labor Day

Well, our Labor Day was grand, thanks for asking. :) I have an uncle who recently moved up to Cleveland for work, and we went up there to visit. The Good #1. Cleveland is beautiful!

This is the view of Cleveland from my uncle's apartment window! Gorgeous!
We went to this park right on Lake Erie called Edgewater Park. We went right out on this dock out to the lake. It was overcast, but beautiful. Here are some of the boats we saw.

Here's a view of downtown from the park.
The Good #2: We went to a Cleveland Indian's baseball game! And the Indians beat the Rangers 4-3. Hurray!

We had good seats!
The Good #3: My kids are cute, and I caught David dancing in a video! For your viewing pleasure:


The Bad: My uncle, the one who invited us up and planned everything, went to the doctor on Friday for what he thought was just some itchy skin, and got sent to the hospital. He has shingles! The poor guy was at the hospital the entire time we were there. His wife, my Aunt Lorraine, was visiting for the weekend (she works and lives in Dayton during the week) so we were able to see her, but it was a bummer not to see Uncle Bunk. (And no, his real name isn't Bunk; it's Ernest, or Ernie. Haha, not much better, eh?)

Topic #2: Food

I've been wanting to tell you about a few of the foods I've been trying on Pinterest. First was this Creamy Garlic Pasta, pinned HERE. I thought it was really tasty, but not so great as a main dish. Jason thought it was just ok.

Creamy Garlic Pasta
Then there are two things we've been having lately which are tasty and quick: Quick Chicken Salad, pinned HERE, and Fresh Apple and Turkey Sandwiches, pinned HERE. The key words here are tasty and quick. They have to be in this house, because my boys are impatient, and I'm one tired momma by dinnertime. Give them a try!

Quick Chicken Salad
Fresh Apple and Turkey Sandwiches
For a yummy dessert, I've done this one recently, and I LOVED it: Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Freezer Pie, pinned HERE. Seriously, there are only 5 ingredients (including the pre-made pie crust!), so you really can't go wrong with this baby. Just try it. You'll love me for suggesting it.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Freezer Pie

Day 14 - Pictures of 5 celebrity crushes

Pretty sure I've done this before... So I'll just list some favorite crushes, and you can look them up:

  1. Ben Affleck. I don't care if you think he's a bad actor. He's hot.
  2. Matt Damon. Mmmm...
  3. Josh Duhamel. Oh baby.
  4. Ryan Reynolds. Yes.
  5. David Boreanaz. I've never seen him on Angel, but on Bones... Phew.
  6. Denzel Washington. He's older, but I'm still drooling.
  7. Shia Labeouf, like THIS. And NOT like THIS.

Oh, so many more. I really appreciate good-looking men, my husband being one of them. I've told him before that I still think a lot of guy actors are good-looking, but Jason will be my man forever. :)


P.S. I changed my blog's background. I'm excited for fall, and this one made me think of fall spices. Mmmm...

Secret: I don't like for the foods on my plate to touch. Noooo touchy. *karate chop like in The Emperor's New Groove* The flavors mess with each other and it all just equals badness. The only exception is just about anything touching mashed potatoes, especially corn and peas. Yum. Oh yes, those are allowed to mix, but NOTHING ELSE!

Me Quote: "Sometimes I wish I was blonde (even though I would make a horrible looking blonde) so that I could have an excuse for all the retarded things I say." (Sunday, June 27 2004)

2 comments:

  1. i have a celebrity crush on jane from the mentalist. it's true.
    and also angelina jolie. i can't help it haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try that chicken salad. Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete