Random Quote for a Random Post. :)
Time is moving speedily on, and it seems the moment I get comfortable with where things are, I blink and I'm behind. Where is the time going?
I babysit. Just about every day. This is most of my excuse. There's a couple in my ward that has a little girl I watch once or twice a week most weeks, and that's been pretty consistent for a long time. The days I don't watch her, I watch my little niece, Zoey.
| Isn't she just darling? |
Let's see. What random things can I tell you about?
Maybe I'll just post pictures?
![]() |
| Andrew "helping" Grandpa rake the leaves. |
We were driving between our apartment and my parents' house one time, and my mom made me stop on the road (there was no one coming, fortunately) to take a picture of the pretty leaves:
The other day we went to Walmart, and there's a Subway restaurant at the front of the entrance to the store we normally use. Where the Subway meets up with the store, there's this big ICEE bear cardboard cutout-type thing that stands there that for whatever reason, Andrew loves. He usually wants to stop and have a picture taken with it, because one time about a year ago I stopped and took one of him with it. Well, I finally conceded again, so here's that picture:
| Gotta love the pose. |
These are about a month old, but one time I got down on the floor and took pictures with the boys. Have you all read that article about the mom who decided she wanted to be in the pictures with her boys? It nearly made me cry. You can read the article HERE. Anyway, here are some of my "mom in pictures" pictures.
*sigh* My boys may frustrate me to no end, they may seem like their wrestling with each other will kill one or the other or both (or me!), they may poop and pee everywhere and at the most inconvenient moments, they may throw the worst tantrums, they may talk back to me, they may not eat what I cook them, they may wake up 20 times during the night saying they can't find their special blanket that's still lying right on top of them... but they're mine. And I love them without end. And all those things that I just mentioned (plus a LOT of other things) don't mean anything when one of them smiles at me. Or gives me a kiss. Or hugs me. Or tells me they love me.
Umm... I think that's it for now. Our ward had a Trunk-or-Treat tonight and I took a couple pictures, but I think I'll wait to post them until I get Halloween night pictures of the boys. They're cute in their costumes. :)
Day 18 - Name the tv show you have become addicted to
Uhh... not really any. Ok, I take that back. I really like Once Upon A Time on ABC. And I love Downton Abbey on PBS. I used to be really into Bones, but I haven't watched it in like... two years. House used to be addicting, until it got weird. For a while on Netflix Instant Streaming, I got into Make It Or Break It, I think from ABC Family. But honestly, we don't have cable or even broadcast stations, so I don't watch much tv other than what Andrew watches on the Kid's Netflix. (Like Bob the Builder, Mighty Jungle, Dora the Explorer, Blues Clues, All About Monster Trucks, My Big Big Friend... I could go on forever. And probably sing all the theme songs.)
Secret: I have no interior design skills. I have this dream to someday have enough money where I can hire someone else to make my house all pretty and cutesy and fabulously decorated, but I'll never have enough money, so my family will have to deal with my sub-par talents on that aspect for pretty much forever. Thank heaven for Pinterest, where at least I can get some ideas as to what I can do! If only it would tell me where to put it all...

You're boys are so big! And adorable. And for the record, I'd want a picture with the Icee Bear too. Haha.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I miss you too! At some point in our lives we must have a reunion of sorts.
i love those of you 3 together! so fun
ReplyDeleteand i love the chevron background! i know it's not new, i've just never told you sooo