Thursday, January 3, 2013

Andrew's 4 Years Old!

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." -Ogden Nash

Andrew had his 4-year wellness appointment yesterday. He looks healthy and happy, but still pretty big for his age. His BMI is still in the 95th percentile for his age group, but the doctor didn't seem overly concerned. We just need to limit screen time a bit and get him exercising a little more.

As for his height and weight, he is now 42 inches tall and 45 lbs. At last year's appointment, he was 39 3/4 inches tall and 41 lbs, so he's grown and gained probably a normal amount. He just started out big... Almost 30 lbs at a year old.......

Here are a few things about Andrew I want to remember at this point in his life:

  • He's too smart for me already. And I don't know where he's learned what he has!
  • He loves making funny faces with me. And having me chase him. And being tickled. Being tickled is one of his favorites.
  • He LOVES cars. We recently acquired from friends two things Andrew plays with all the time: one thing he calls a "car mountain", a plastic mountain that has several tracks where cars can make their way down. The other is a rug with little roads and a town and train tracks on it. Between the two, he'd probably be happy for several hours.
  • He's recently figured out how to work the Wii, and sometimes starts playing Super Mario Brothers without my knowledge. He also knows how to get to the Netflix, so he often starts watching TV without my noticing either. Yikes.
  • He says the funniest things. When he wants to have a turn doing something, he says, "Let me have a go!" He still says "to-deh-grr" or even "to-deh-gler" instead of "together", but if he says it slowly, he can say it correctly. He always announces when he toots, and wants everyone in the apartment (or wherever he is currently) to know when he's peed or pooped in the toilet. A couple weeks ago, they spotlighted him in Primary, and for the questionnaire, one question was, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" And he had said, "I want to be a good guy!" I guess he's been watching some super-hero shows!
  • He plays well with David, mostly. They love running up and down the hallway together, playing in forts, and attacking Jason. It's really fun to watch.
As I think of more, I'll post them. :) I need to write down the funny things the boys do more often.

Andrew will always be my guinea pig, for which I will always feel guilty. He is my first child, and every new stage for him is a new stage for me where I don't know what I'm doing. Does anyone else feel that way? The good thing is, the good always outweighs the bad, and he still loves me. It's amazing. I'm his mommy, I will be forever, and for that, I'm grateful.

My handsome dude before getting checked out yesterday.
Secret: I definitely like sweet things better than salty. And I have trouble with the sweet + salty combinations. Like those people who like dipping their french fries into their frosties from Wendy's. Don't get that at all. The one concession I WILL make is for pretzels dipped in chocolate. I will NEVER turn those down.

4 comments:

  1. precious. why are blogs so awesome!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you have a four year old. He's a pretty adorable little guy though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we just had k's checkup. they are practically the same.

    ReplyDelete