"I've never met a problem a proper cupcake couldn't fix." -Sarah Ockler, Bittersweet
I just had to share the good news! Well, it's good news to me.
You know how I've been wanting to have dessert lately? (On pretty much a daily basis?) I found a simple solution! Or at least one simple solution. Hopefully I'll find more later. :)
It's called...............
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
A single-serving cupcake in a mug that you cook in the microwave!
I found a recipe for one the other day, and if you're wanting to see it, click HERE. The only problem was that I wanted frosting. Because, really, who eats cupcakes, or cake at all for that matter, with no frosting? The blog with the recipe for this mug cake didn't include frosting. Rude.
So, I found another blog that had a recipe for a single serving of frosting. As a bonus, the blog is called The Uni-Baker, and they specialize in recipes that make enough for one person. The recipe for the frosting is included with their recipe for one cupcake that you bake in the oven. How sweet is that? It probably tastes better than the mug cake in the microwave, but I wanted it faster. Haha! Anyway, click HERE to get the recipe for the uni-baker cupcake and frosting.
Next time you want something sweet but don't want to make a couple dozen cupcakes, remember this, and thank me for sharing this with you! Haha!
You are awesome for sharing this. Sweet things should always be shared, especially if it's food. Also, your new baby is adorable. I want to pinch his cheeks really bad.
ReplyDeleteI just received this recipe in my inbox. It's from a cookbook but I'm not sure which one -- just that it's new or will be new soon. Haha... Anyway, it looks good and healthy as far as desserts go. Thought I'd share it with you!
ReplyDeleteChocolate Drizzle Almond Mug Cake
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 2.5 Minutes
Yield: 1 Serving
Cake
1 egg white
1⁄4 teaspoon coconut oil
2 1⁄2 tablespoons almond meal
1⁄8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
(optional) shredded coconut and nuts of choice
Chocolate Icing
1⁄2 teaspoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon cacao powder or cocoa powder
1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
1. Mix cake ingredients into a coffee mug.
2. Place in the microwave for 2.5 minutes.
3. Place the oil in the microwave for 20 seconds.
4. Mix the melted oil with the maple syrup and cocoa powder until smooth.
5. Carefully remove the cake from the mug and transfer to a serving plate.
6. Drizzle the chocolate icing over top of the cake.
7. Sprinkle with topping of shredded coconut and nuts of choice (optional).
Per Serving: 298 calories, 17g fat, 36.5g carbs, 9.5g protein