Friday, November 7, 2014

Austin's 1-month :)

Austin had his 1-month appointment on Tuesday. Yes, he was 5 weeks. That's besides the point.

Anyway, I'll just give his weight, because... well, I'll tell you in a second.

He weighs 10lbs 14 oz! Considering that he was just under 7lbs when he was born, I'd say that he's chunked up really well. That's a 4-lb gain - one pound a week. Yep. My boys get chunky. (Although, I just looked on infantchart.com, and that's the 64.5th percentile.)

Now, I guess I'll give the measurements for his head and his height. His head was 15 inches, and his height was 23 inches. The reason I'm hesitant to share is because the nurse at the office just doesn't seem to know what she's doing when it comes to measuring babies. We go to a family practice, and you can tell the nurses aren't used to seeing babies because they all gather around and just coo at him. Haha! If I wasn't already taking him there, I might consider taking him somewhere else just so that the nurses would measure him right! But we love our doctor, so... yeah. What I'm trying to say is that I'm not sure those measurements are correct. Which irritates me, but what can you do? At least the weight can't be messed up, and that's really the measurement I'm most concerned with.

Austin is such a cutie pie. He's started smiling every once in a while (when he's awake!), and he still loves to look around with curiosity, especially at lights. He makes all sorts of little grunting or cooing sounds, although I'm not sure most of them are intentional. One of my favorite sounds is when he's sleeping and he stretches a bit; he makes this grunting/squeaking sound that is just adorable. *sigh*

Here's your Austin picture for the entry:


Oh, fine. Here's two more (with his older brothers. And me...):



Yep, we're certifiably crazy around in these here parts. I guess that just comes with the territory now!

3 comments: