Thursday, May 28, 2015

Growing Old

I have an 8-month-old today.

Tomorrow is Andrew's last day of kindergarten, and then he'll officially be in 1st grade.

Next school year, David will be able to start preschool.

I'm old enough to have a 1st grader????? How did this happen?

Jason turns 30 next month, and I'll turn 29 in September. I know we're not old, but sometimes I think about how long it's been since I was in high school, since I was single, since I had Andrew and all the things that have happened since then. I can't help but feel a bit ragged from the frantic pace time has decided to take. In what feels like the blink of an eye, I'll be 85, hugging my grandkids (great-grandkids?!?!?), needing hearing aids, and complaining about not understanding recent technology. Oh wait, I already don't understand all the recent technology...

Life is pressing steadily forward. I need to hurry up and do the things I want with my life or I'll look back and wonder what I did with all the time.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand this feeling. Knowing I'm not old, but feeling time passing fast that it feels like I am. It's cray-cray.

    ReplyDelete