With all the other hype and commotion happening right now for Melody and me, I have some individual things I'd like to tell you about. It looks as if I will be starting to work full time at a new place called Melaleuca, and I'll have the opportunity to take inbound calls from Spanish-speaking customers. I love that because it will be easy to keep up with the Spanish I was able to learn while being a missionary for two years in the El Salvador East mission. I'm way excited about that.
As far as things are going here at BYU-I, I have changed my minor and also the career I was originally intending on pursuing: dentistry. After having done some job shadowing in two dental offices, and picking the brains of a few dentists, I realized that that career isn't best suited for me. I still like the field, but I am going to now be doing something totally different. After coming to my conclusion, I changed my minor to Health Education. My major is still Spanish Education. While I was planning on going to dental school with my major (with a minor in Chemistry ed.), I am now going to go into teaching, most likely at the high school level.
Since Melody is from Ohio, and my family is based in Washington but scattered all over the place, and since I want to be close to family wherever we end up, who knows where we'll actually settle. Maybe I'll be original and be out in the middle of nowhere or something, only time will tell. I won't graduate from BYU-I until December of 2010, so we have awhile to figure that all out. Plus, I may go to grad school somewhere first, so we may not be in a permanent place right after I graduate.
No comments:
Post a Comment