Friday, September 19, 2008

Weird... (author: Melody)

Jason and I decided to try out for the musical fireside group From The Heart on campus again on Wednesday. Last time, Jason made it and I didn't. It totally bummed me out that I was cut, but fortunately through the socials they had, I became pretty good friends with the members of the group and didn't feel completely left out.

Well, this time around, I made it! I'm really excited about it! ...but Jason didn't make it. I think at first we were both just kinda in shock. He'd been in it for two semesters... how did he not make it this time? So THAT bummed us both out. :(

The more we think about it though, it may be better this way. This is really the only time during the week that I get out of the apartment for anything substantial. Jason, on the other hand, has work, his calling as our ward's executive secretary, and two ward sports teams, would have a difficult time with the commitment.

So yeah. Kinda weird how things turn out, huh? I'm not quite completely convinced that this is the way it should've been, but hey, what can ya do?

2 comments:

  1. Yay! That is awesome that you made it, Mel. Just remind yourself that sometimes the Lord has other plans & enjoy your experience. :)

    <3 ya.

    ReplyDelete