Well, he'll be 5 months old tomorrow, and I would like to chronicle some of the things he has done over these last 5 months:
-He was born! December 30, 2008
-He sleeps through the night, and has for at least 2 months now.
-He had his first ear infection already. :(
-He loves to smile, and has shown it to us daily since he learned how.
-He's gained lots of weight, grown like crazy, and his head got HUGE!
-He had two rounds of immunizations, poor soul.
-He rolls over both directions!
-He discovered his feet.
-He's tried vanilla ice cream already. And he liked it. :) (Don't worry. It was only a drop!)
-He learned how to coo with us.
-He discovered toys! And he loves them. All of them.
-He can move things to his mouth... which is somewhat worrisome. Haha.
-He can almost sit up by himself.
-He figured out how to blow raspberries!
-He started solid foods, and we know he doesn't like the rice cereal or green beans, but he really likes carrots and bananas.
-He has his first tooth through the gums (I discovered it today)!
It's just amazing what he can do and what he's done. I can't wait to see what the rest of this year holds for us!
Speaking of Andrew though, he still hasn't gotten on a sleep schedule. I was reading some ideas on how to help him do this, and maybe I'm just thick-skulled, but I can't read Andrew for my life. Earlier today, I saw him yawn, and I thought, "Oh, maybe he's tired!" so I proceeded to take him to his room, rock him for a few minutes, and then put him down in his crib. He screamed. Poor little guy. He did eventually fall asleep (I was right!), but he only stayed asleep for 30 minutes. That's how long all of his naps have been today. Any ideas on how to read your baby for tiredness, or also any ideas on how to keep them asleep longer?
I suggest doing the SAME thing everyday when you go to put him down. Put him down the same time each day no matter what. Kids thrive on routine! Good Luck!!
ReplyDeletesounds like so much has happened with little andrew! He is so cute! I can't believe its been 5 months! :-D
ReplyDeleteI'm having the same nap problem with Aiden. I'm trying to be consistent with putting him down at the same times. Sometimes he sleeps a long time, most of the time he doesn't... But we're going to get those naps in, no matter what! :)
ReplyDeleteHey Melody! I had the same problem with my son Milo. Doing the same routine every day sorta helped and also we got this cd of white noise, like ocean waves and stuff and played that during his nap as a last resort and some how that extended his naps! We only did for about a month or so but by then his naps were a little longer. Hang in there! It gets better soon! Milo take a 1-3 hour nap now and so I can actually do something while he's sleeping instead of being scared that the minute I start something he'd wake up.
ReplyDeleteMy husband just reminded me of something else we did that might help. We'd try to pay attention how long hte intervals were between his naps regularly (3 hours or 4 hours or whatever). So we'd try to get him to sleep every three hours. then as his naps would get shorter, we'd extend the time to maybe 4 hours between each nap. That has worked for us so far. (We are at 6 hours aaaah!)
ReplyDeleteHe sounds adorable!!
ReplyDelete(myvolition/ Autumn from xanga)
I love little our precious little children! I can't believe mine is almost 2. thank you for offering to help us move. We will have a lot of family, but if we need your help we will let you know.
ReplyDeleteYour duet with Ashley on Sunday was beautiful. Very talented!