Well, the last time I updated was June 29th. Since then, Andrew turned 6 months old! I can't believe that he's getting so big and so old already. It seems like yesterday I was holding him in my arms for the first time, so happy he was here, and so scared because I didn't really know how to take care of him. He has turned into such a happy little boy, and I am so blessed to have him around.
That same day, Jason and I spent 3 hours recording with our choir From The Heart. It felt like so much longer! I like the songs we're singing, it's just difficult to stand for that long without much of a break. And since being pregnant with Andrew, my back just hasn't been the same!
We had Thursday and Friday off from school, which was heavenly. Jason did homework on Thursday for a while, and then we left to go to Idaho Falls to spend time with my grandparents. They had bought Andrew an outfit some time ago, but because we hadn't seen them since January before this trip down, the outfit wouldn't have fit him anymore. It's a good thing I told them, because they gave it to another grandson that was born more recently, and bought Andrew a new one. This one was an 18-month size, sure to be huge on him, right? Well, here he is wearing it (with his new stuffed lizard):

As you can see, it fits him just about perfectly! There's room to grow, thank goodness, but when we put it on him to see how it fit, my jaw just about dropped to the floor.
My baby. Is. HUGE. I think the sizing may be a little off on that outfit just a teensy bit.
We spent the evening with my grandparents, and the night as well. The next morning, Grandpa and Jason went around to a couple different mechanics because our car was having issues with its starter. It was more expensive there than it was in Rexburg, so we just went home and Jason took the car to be fixed.
We then proceeded to eat 4 meals in a row with our friends Mark and Sam and their baby Dillon. And spend pretty much the entirety of the 4th of July with them. Our ward had a breakfast, then we walked to the parade. Andrew enjoyed being outside, I think.

We went to the water park at Porter Park, but Andrew did NOT like it at all.

We first put his hand in some water that was shooting out from the ground, and that's when the crying began. I think it was too cold for his liking. We set him down in the water to see if he would like spashing in it, and he just bawled his little eyes out. That's when I decided we were done. He was much happier when he was dry and we were out playing in the grass.

And now the weekend is over. *sigh* I loved it. I'm really looking forward to the 7-week break so that Jason will be home with us most of the time (when he's not working or studying for the LSAT). We'll be able to go to the park more often to walk around and play in the grass, play frisbee, and maybe even try the water park again. Maybe Andrew will like it better next time?
Our happy little family (looking a little more fuzzy than normal):

I can't say I blame Andrew. I like being warm and in the sun too!
ReplyDeleteI loved looking at the pictures of him on Facebook. He has such an adorable smile.
Hello McBride Family! I found your blog through the Jardine's blog! I hope its ok if I add you to my list. It sounds like you had a good 4th of July. I am glad that you found a way to fix your car! That is always a sigh of relief.
ReplyDelete