Saturday, July 18, 2009

Face-Making

Jason and I are going to a dinner with the stake presidency and high councilmen tonight (a benefit of him being a stake assistant executive secretary), and Jason forwarded the email they sent about it to me today. We're going to be playing this game, I'm not sure how it'll go exactly, but they wanted us to answer a few questions about ourselves, and one of them brought back a memory I thought would be funny to share.

When I was in younger, my younger sister Carrie and I didn't get along very well. My family considers Susette to be the peacemaker because she would always stop our fights and get things good again. When Susette went out to Utah for college, Carrie and I had to fend for ourselves.

I was a sophomore in high school and Carrie was in 8th grade. We'd watch tv to relax after school, so we found ourselves doing homework at the same time in the living room. Usually we'd argue about which music to listen to or find something to get each other with, but there was one night where I decided to stare at her and see how long it took her to notice. It took a while, but when she looked at me, I made a face. And that was just the beginning.

We kept doing this over and over again until it was almost like a contest - trying to see who could make the funniest face. Then sounds started working their way into it. Believe me, it was a sight to be seen! And heard! We ended up cracking each other up and instead of fighting, we'd be laughing.

While it sounds kinda stupid, I really do think it was a blessing that we started doing that. Carrie and I get along much better now, and I think that may have been the beginning of us becoming more than just sisters. We became friends.

Yay for random memories.

2 comments:

  1. And you both make faces really well now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for telling me how to follow. :]

    That's a cute story about you and your sister. I wish I would have figured out how to get along with my brother earlier than my senior year of college!

    ReplyDelete