Friday, August 28, 2009

Pregnancy Survey and BUSY-NESS!

WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Sorta. We weren't sure if I was going to have trouble getting pregnant at first, so we weren't trying to get our hopes up in case nothing happened, but it did!

WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes

WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I was really happy. It wasn't until the end of the pregnancy that reality hit that I was going to be having this little human that would, at least for a few years, completely depend on me.

WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? No way, Jose!

HOW OLD WERE YOU? I was 21 when I found out I was pregnant, and 22 when he was born

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Well, we were moving into a new apartment, and I kept having these cramps like I was going to have my period, but the period never came. We bought some pregnancy tests, and when I took them, it showed the second line just barely 2 different times, so I wasn't sure if I was pregnant or not. I went up to the school's student health center for a test, and that's when I officially found out I was pregnant!

WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? I was at the student health center by myself, so the first person I told was Jason. Haha! After that, we both called our moms and texted everyone else in the entire world, just about.

DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? I think I would go insane from curiousity and lack of appropriate preparation if I didn't find out. We found out in August of last year that Andrew was a boy.

DUE DATE? December 29th, but he wasn't born until the 30th.

DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yeah. It was persistent nauseousness that wouldn't go away. Fortunately I didn't throw up from morning sickness... I threw up in my last trimester because of really bad heartburn! Thank heaven that went away when he was born.

WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? French fries every day, and cake, ice cream, candy bars... anything sweet just about every day.

WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? When spouses were mean to each other. It made me cry. But everything made me cry when I was pregnant, stupid hormones!

WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? A boy

DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No. I've heard that boys are easier to take care of! Good gender to begin with when you have NO experience with babies. Sometimes I wish I had a girl just because I grew up with only sisters, but oh well. Heavenly Father tossed me into the pool of testosterone, and I'm just hoping to survive the swim!

HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 17. I had a hard time gaining enough weight.

DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? I did I did! My mom flew me out to Ohio for a week for fun with my sisters, pampering, and a baby shower. It was great.

WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? Well, I had to fly myself home for it, so I definitely knew. Haha.

DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Just really bad heartburn, and pinched nerves in my legs from Andrew's head being so low the last month. That's about it.

WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Madison Memorial Hospital in Rexburg

HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? From the time I had my first contraction to the time he was out, it was pretty much exactly 9 hours. Yay for inductions.

WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Jason and the nurses. My family wasn't there and it was over Christmas Break at school, so no one was even in town to come if they wanted to.

WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? It was a vaginal delivery, if that's what you mean by "natural".

DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Heck yes. You couldn't pay me enough to go without an epidural. I'll have one for the rest of my babies too.

HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 lbs 6 oz. Big baby!

WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? December 30th, 2008 at 5:14pm

WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Andrew Tyler McBride is the boy's name

HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? He's almost 8 months old! He'll be 8 months on Sunday.




Ok, on to the real post. And sorry, my camera's batteries are dead, so for now there aren't any pictures.

This past week (and the next week) has been complete busy-ness! My family went on a road trip across the country, and when they got to Utah on Monday, Jason, Andrew and I went down to meet them. We went on a tour of the conference center in Salt Lake, went out to eat... I don't remember what else we did... Anyway, that night we went down to Sandy to stay with an aunt and uncle that live there, and to have a family get-together for my dad's side of the family. All my dad's siblings were there except one, and none of my cousins were able to make it, but that's alright. It was really fun anyway.

Tuesday, we drove back up to Idaho Falls. On our way, we stopped in Logan to hang out with my cousin Michael who just got back from his mission in Iowa, and is now attending school at Utah State. We had lunch and got the famous Aggie ice cream. It was good. :) Then we drove up the rest of the way to my grandparents' house, and spent the rest of the evening with them - including going out to dinner - until it was time to go to bed. Jason and I drove back up to Rexburg to sleep because there wasn't enough room for all of us to stay with my grandparents.

Wednesday, my family drove up here to Rexburg, and we spent the day together. We walked the temple grounds, showed them around campus and walked around the University Store together. We went out to eat at Frontier Pies for lunch, and it was fabulous. We hung out at the apartment for a while, shipped some of our stuff to Ohio since we're going there for the fall, and my sisters and I went shopping. :) I love shopping. We went out to dinner, then watched the Hannah Montana movie afterwards while Jason had his Wednesday stake meetings.

Yesterday we went to Yellowstone! It took forever to get there because we drove there through the Tetons, and there was a TON of construction on the roads. It was annoying! We got there and ate lunch, and walked around a few different places. We got to Old Faithful just in time to watch it go off! Actually, Susette, Carrie and Josh were able to watch it go off, but the rest of us were parking our cars... Jason and I got home around 8pm, and we were exhausted. It was a long day.

For the rest of the time that we're here (until next Thursday), I'm making details "to do" lists to make sure that everything that needs to get done around here actually gets done. I'm getting really excited, but really nervous that we'll forget something. I mean, being gone for 4 months is no short time. If we forget something we really need, I guess we can just buy it when we get there, but I don't want to forget anything. I'm just glad that we shipped half the things to Ohio already. Yay. I'm going to keep myself B-U-S-Y over the next week.

4 comments:

  1. andrew was due on my birthday! i had really bad heartburn to, i hated it. thats awesome you're moving to ohio for a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You only gained 17 pounds? At my last appointment (almost 4 weeks ago), I was up 13. We'll see where I stand on Monday. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I loved the pregnancy survey. It's fun comparing your own pregnancy to other peoples' pregnancies. Sounds like you had a crazy and fun last couple of weeks. I didn't know you were moving so soon (the time went by so fast!). That makes me saaaad. :( We can still keep in touch via blogland though! Oh, and your pictures of Andrew are sooo cute. He is such a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete