Well, Ohio is great. We're loving being here. The weather right now has been wonderful (except that it's raining today. Yuck!), and fall is in full swing now, I think. The colors of the trees just makes me want to take a deep breath and pull a blanket around me. Mmmmmm... :)
Andrew's almost 9 1/2 months old, and I'm continually surprised by how much he's learning and how big he's getting. He learned how to open the kitchen cabinets and keep them open the other day. We're going to have to baby-proof my parents house really soon! He can put food in his mouth, and loves feeding himself. He loves his puffs, but he REALLY likes graham crackers. He could eat them all day long if he wanted to. He also loves it when his grandpa shares his yogurt. Haha. I wish I could update you on how tall he is, how much he weighs and how huge his head is, but since Andrew doesn't have a pediatrician back here, we're just going to have to wait until his 1-year appointment. Which will be in under 3 months. That's crazy.
Jason's still doing well in his internship. He's enjoying interpreting in Spanish and the people he works with.
As for me:
- I stay home with Andrew and Carrie and we take care of him and each other. I've read 5 library books since I've been here, and I think I may begin two more Mitch Albom books here in the next little while.
- I'm loving having a tv again! Jason and I have a tv, but don't get any stations. My parents have DTV and have a DVR, so we record shows all the time and watch them later when we're all able to get together and watch them together. It's really fun.
- I'm drawing Halloween decorations to put up in the house. I haven't made very many yet, and I'm not the greatest artist, so I imagine that once Halloween is over the decorations will be coming down and going in the trash. *sigh* Oh well.
- The next couple days will be busy for me! Today, Carrie, Jason, Andrew and I will be going to this local hands-on science museum called COSI. I used to volunteer there a couple times a month one summer when I was in high school, and I haven't been there since. I'm excited to show Jason, and hopefully Andrew will like it too.
- Tomorrow, Carrie, Jason and I are going to Cedar Point! I've been telling Jason about the place since before we were married, so finally, after two years of marriage, we're going! It's supposed to be kinda chilly, but I don't care. I'm excited!!! Roller coasters, here we come!
- On Monday, my family is going to Hocking Hills. It's a beautiful part of Ohio, full of rolling hills. We're going to be having family pictures taken there as well, the first since before Jason and I were married. I'm happy that Jason and I will have pictures of our little family taken. We don't have any pictures of Andrew up around our apartment at all, which is upsetting to me, so we're going to fix that. Hurray!
Here's one picture of Hocking Hills that I found on google:

Things have been good. I've been terrible about getting pictures from the camera and my phone to the computer, so when I've done that I'll have another picture posting!
I'm so jealous of all the reading you're getting in. I feel like I never get to read anymore. You've motivated me to find a good book and just do it. Thanks! I'm so glad you're enjoying Ohio so much.
ReplyDeleteCedar Point always sounds like so much fun! I hope someday I get to go there, because I love rollercoasters! It's funny you say you're reading a lot of library books, because I am too. It must be the weather! I can't believe Andrew is already so old. When you guys get back, we won't recognize each other's kids. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like it's been a good time so far for you guys! I love that feeling of fall. I can't believe Andrew is that old! Is he crawling yet? We just moved over to Hyde Park so not too far from Rexburg Plaza! We like it here, but we're just sad to have to move wards. Oh well, you gotta move on sometimes huh?
ReplyDeletehow cute!!! I love fall also. and I can't believe how big andrew is getting. they grow way to fast!!!! But they have to grow up sometime.
ReplyDelete