Random tidbit: I have come to the realization that I want to be "Super Mom". I want to take care of everything, and do it perfectly: laundry, cooking amazing meals, baking homemade bread, cleaning, taking care of Andrew, decorate the house for holidays... you name it, I want to do it. The thing I need to remember is that I don't have to do it all. I CAN'T do it all. I mean, I could spread it out into a lot of days and maybe be able to do most of it at some point, but I don't need to put that kind of pressure on myself. I think at one point while I was in Rexburg, just after Andrew was born and Jason was going to school, I was just about the lone person to take care of everything in the apartment, and I really think that since I was cooped up inside all day (it was snowing outside) and Andrew was the only one I could talk to, I became kinda depressed that I couldn't do everything. I felt so overwhelmed by all the things I believed I HAD to do that I couldn't do anything. I'm glad that I know now that I don't have to be perfect and I don't have to do everything. If I don't make cute decorations for the house, it's not going to be the end of the world. If buying bread saves me the time I need to do something else that's more important, I'll do it.
Sorry about the rant, but I just had to get that out.
Picture time! I just uploaded pictures from my camera. Hurray! Most of these are from Hocking Hills.

We didn't have a hiking backpack for Andrew, and he wouldn't have been able to get around in the stroller on the trail, so this is how he got around! Grandpa loved carrying him around.

As you can see, Andrew loves his Grandpa!

Jason posing for the camera.

I love this picture of us!

Me and my sisters, Susette and Carrie.

The three of us again, close up.
We had a friend of Susette's take family pictures (not the ones on this blog right now... I took those), and hopefully she'll get done fixing them up soon so you can see some of them. She took some pretty fun pictures! If you want to see some of them, click here to go to her blog. She has a video of some of the pictures and a REALLY cute picture of Andrew on there too. :)
Hi! I love your new backgroung and pictures. Very cute! I still haven't figured out how to do that on my blog, but every time I try to do it I realize it's going to take time and then I just lose all motivation.
ReplyDeleteI know, it's so sad that we'll be leaving Rexburg just as soon as you guys get back!
And by the way, I think maybe every woman goes through times when she wants to be "super mom," and then we all find out that it's okay to not do it all right now. Our time will come when baking bread might be a high priority, but I agree that it's so much easier to just buy the fake stuff for now! :)
your top picture is soo cute of you guys! what a cute fam!
ReplyDeleteWait to bake bread until you have a bread machine. It's so much easier!
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, I like being super woman. Even though I know we can't do it all, I still like to pretend that I can. :)