Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pictures from our Ohio Trip!

These are the pictures from the trip Andrew and I took to Ohio! Pretty much all of them are from the zoo, but oh well!


This was at the Salt Lake airport, right after our shuttle ride from Rexburg. We were sure happy to be out of the shuttle!


We stayed the night at my aunt and uncle's in Salt Lake because we took an early flight out of town. While we stayed, Andrew found a set of scriptures and started pretending like he was reading them!


We went to the zoo on a really nice, mid-60's weather day. We got there an hour before it closed, so we weren't able to see much, mostly just the animals from Australia and Africa. Andrew really liked the flamingos.


Around the zoo, there are all these playground areas for the kids, where the things to climb on are huge replicas of the animals in the zoo. He was too scared to get on the hammerhead shark!


I was surprised the Koalas were out.


Carrie got really excited about the Kangaroos!


The Kangaroos were literally feet away! Andrew loved trying to wander up close to them.




The Gorillas were really neat to watch, but really stinky to be around!


Andrew has some of the funniest faces...


I think the zoo was a hit!


Say cheese! Susette, Andrew and me.


We managed to squeeze Carrie in for the next one, although I think Andrew was more interested in her hair than in the camera...


I need to have Andrew watch The Lion King because we saw a Rafiki!

I loved going home. It was a lot of fun, especially knowing that it was the last time I would see Carrie for the next year and a half!

4 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! Andrew is huge, you'll be shocked to feel how light Hunter is in comparison!
    On your other post, you asked if we like to plan in advance.. that is something I do almost obsessively! And it drives Dallin crazy because I will be all packed for a trip like a week or two ahead. I make lists and plan our future all the time. It's fun though! I just have to remind myself to still enjoy the present time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I LOVE the Columbus zoo. Its the best! Andrew looks so big running around! Glad you had a fun time with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i'm sooo glad you took him to the best zoo in the nation!! :) i miss it

    ReplyDelete