Monday, July 19, 2010

It's Ending...

Well, my friends, the end of the semester is growing near. Jason and I are constantly asking each other, "Are we really at the end?"

Jason graduates on Friday, and it really will be the end of an era for him, for me, for us. I've been here for the better part of the last 5 years. And on Saturday morning, when we're pulling out of Rexburg for good, I don't think it'll feel quite real.

As I've been saying for months, we've been slowly getting rid of things and packing things throughout the semester. Of course there's still a ton to do, but because we've been doing everything so slowly, it doesn't feel like "the end" should quite be here yet. I think it'll feel more real once we're packing up silverware and emptying our fridge. Or it might feel more real as we're driving out of Rexburg. Or it might randomly hit me 5 weeks down the road, as things like this sometimes do.

It's ending...

But then, with every ending, there's a beginning. We're going to two family reunions - one in Oregon, one in Utah - and then we're moving to Ohio. Jason's going to establish residency there, retake the LSAT in December after taking a prep course, and then applying to several different law schools (most of which are in the East). We'll live with my parents until Jason finds a job and earns enough money for us to move to our own apartment. And in February, we'll have another baby!

The rest of our lives - here we come!

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly how I've been feeling! I can't believe it's almost over! Good luck with your move, I'm dreading ours but I'll bet it's way harder with a baby and another on the way!

    ReplyDelete