And doing well, just in case you were wondering. Yes, it has been over a month since I've updated, but this is the first time I feel like I can sit down and write about all the fun things that have happened!
As you all know, we moved. To Ohio. It took us until the Saturday afternoon after graduation to get completely out of our apartment, but we did it! We traveled to Seattle and stayed a few days there with Jason's mom. On Thursday the 29th of August, we drove down to the Oregon coast (near Newport, if you know where that is...) for the first of two family reunions. It was really fun! We were camping in the forest right across the street from the ocean, and it was misty and cold the entire time! To tell the truth, I didn't mind it, except at night when it got even colder. The family reunion was for the Nebekers, Jason's mom's side of the family, and it was really great to see everyone and go to the beach.
We drove back to Seattle on Sunday, but headed right back out again on Monday morning to head to the Salt Lake area for the next week! We walked around Salt Lake, went to the This Is The Place Memorial Park - which totally reminded me of a smaller version of Kirtland, and attempted to be adventurous in other ways, but being pregnant made me tired a LOT.
We camped at a small water park called Cherry Hill starting on Thursday night, and played in the water all day on Friday. Andrew was a little hesitant to go in the baby pool at first because he wasn't a huge fan of splashing water before that day, but after going down the short water slide with Jason a few times, he LOVED it. He wanted to go down the slide over and over again, and sat down in the water and just splashed. It was so much fun to hang out with him and see the joy on his face. (When water wasn't being splashed into my eyes!) We also had the second family reunion at Cherry Hill that Saturday, but I was only there for an hour because we were too tired and sleepy to stay, so we crashed at our campsite. :(
On Sunday the 8th of August, we went to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing in the Conference Center during Music and the Spoken Word. I've seen it in person a few times, and I'm always amazed by how wonderful the choir is. We went to church, then crashed at a hotel.
Monday we stayed with my Uncle Rod and Aunt Jeanene in Salt Lake, and on Tuesday they took us to the airport to fly to...
OHIO!
Ta daaaa! It was a LONG two and a half weeks of traveling around all over, fun, and exhaustion, and I'm glad it's over!
Since we've been here, we've just relaxed. Jason's found a job working as an interpreter in the Columbus area, and now we're just biding our time, trying to save money before we try to move out and get our own place. It's been really great to stay with my parents, and they love having Andrew around.
Speaking of him, he threw tantrums all the time while we were traveling around. Jason's mom helped us find a technique of nipping that habit in the bud that actually works, and he's been mostly pleasant since then! Thank you Momma McBride! He's growing bigger and bigger by the day, and always surprising me with new words and concepts he's learned.
As of yesterday, I'm 14 weeks along. I'm still tired and somewhat nauseous, but I think that's starting to go away a little bit. *cross your fingers* Since we don't have insurance here yet, I haven't seen a doctor since I was just shy of 9 weeks. Once I go see a doctor, I'll give you an update on how baby #2 is doing. I may even be able to tell you the gender of the baby! *again, cross your fingers*
A word of warning: I won't be able to post again until next Wednesday. Jason's younger sister, Katie, is getting married in Oakland, California, on Saturday, and we're leaving tomorrow for it. We won't be back until late Tuesday. Hopefully by next Wednesday I'll be able to scrounge up some pictures to post of our latest adventures!
hey girly!! We could have met up in Salt Lake!! Lol, but that's ok;) AND I've been to Cherry Hill NUMEROUS times!! Sounds like a fun adventure on the way to Ohio!
ReplyDeleteawww tell everyone hi for me!! i was looking at some cute pics on fb, looks like you are having a blast!
ReplyDeletelove ya!
sara
Wow sounds like you guys have been busy!! I bet your parents are loving having andrew around. He is so cute! Have a fun trip to cali and good luck with your pregnancy. I can't wait to hear what you are having :)
ReplyDelete