Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Busy Weekend!

"A charming woman is a busy woman." -Loretta Young

Does that mean I was charming this last weekend? We were busy!

Saturday morning, we had our ward's Christmas social. Instead of working for hours in the kitchen on a Turkey and other dinner foods, this year they decided to do a breakfast, and I thought it was a good idea! People brought bacon, pastries, breakfast casseroles, pancakes, fruit salad... it was yummy!


That night, we had a stake choir practice. Jason and I couldn't find a babysitter, so between the two of us and my parents, we took turns watching Andrew. I felt bad because I couldn't take my turn. One of the songs we were practicing was the Hallelujah Chorus, and they needed me to play the piano to pluck out parts. I could only do one part at a time because that song is cuh-RAY-zy, but I did what I could!

On Sunday, we went to church. We only stayed for sacrament meeting because 1. the weather wasn't so great, and 2. we had another event to go to. It turned out that it was good for us to leave anyway, because a kid threw up in nursery, where Andrew plays for two hours during church! And I've heard of several kids getting sick since then. Yuck.


We left church early to go to my high school's Christmas alumni choir concert. Every year, the choir invites all its alumni back to participate in two songs at the end of the concert - the Hallelujah Chorus and The Lord Bless You and Keep You. Jason and I picked up my friend Cassie from her apartment, and enjoyed the concert with my sister Susette and her husband Josh. It was a good concert. I still like to think that the choir sounded better when I was going to high school, but I'm probably wrong! :)


From there, we came home to change back into our church clothes and eat some chicken salad sandwiches on croissants. Yummy!


We had to move quickly, because we went back to the stake center to sing in the stake Christmas Musical Fireside. My family (mom, dad, Susette, Josh, Jason and me) + our friends Rachel and Derrik sang the song Still, Still, Still, and then we sang the Hallelujah Chorus and a Scottish Christmas lullaby called Baloo Lammy with the stake choir.

(We didn't sound nearly as good as these guys, but we tried our hardest!)

Phew! That's a lot to fit in over the course of two days. At least it was for me! It was quite exhausting. Fortunately, we got all our singing stuff out of the way this weekend, because I think I'm losing my voice now. And Andrew's sick (even though he didn't go to nursery!). And my dad wasn't feeling well last night. Hopefully we're all feeling better soon, so that we can all have a good week leading up to Christmas next weekend! Hurray! Christmas is almost here!


Secret: I wish I had better work ethic. I find myself wanting the house cleaner than it is, to make more complicated dinners, and just to get off my lazy butt and DO something... but right about now I can't find the motivation! Blame it on being almost 31 weeks pregnant, if you want, but I'm just as bad when I'm NOT pregnant! :(

1 comment:

  1. that was a fun post! It was a very busy weekend, but a fantastic one! I LOVED all the music and wish we could sing all the time! The breakfast Saturday morning was fabulous!!!! I hope we do that every year for the Ward Christmas party - easy, fun, and very enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete