Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sick! And Christmas!

Well, it's official - the nastiness of the flu (or whatever it is that's going around) has hit our house! My dad got a really mild version of it first, where his stomach was just upset. Then Andrew and I got REALLY sick. Jason has gotten by mostly unscathed, with an upset stomach as well, and now that we're all feeling better, my mom is sick! She's mostly over it too, but she's still feeling weak. It's been a not-so-great week! Yuck!

But I'm glad we're all feeling (or starting to feel) better, because...

Christmas is almost here!

And while I don't normally have any pictures to share that are my own, here are a couple:

Like Grandfather, like grandson! Andrew wanted to help my dad hang the garland around the living room!

He has his list, and he's checking it twice! (I LOVE this picture! Thanks, Mom, for taking it!)

And, as a PS-
And this picture is old, because I'm almost 32 weeks, and this was taken at 24 weeks... I don't feel like I look like I've gotten any bigger! I'll try to take a 32-week picture tomorrow, when I'm officially 32 weeks.

I love this time of year. It's my favorite time of year because of the smells, the traditions, and the general goodwill that is shared. It's almost impossible to not feel happy this time of year! As we think about the reason for this season, our Savior, it's hard not to think of His atonement. The reason we celebrate His birth is because of His sacrifice for us. None of us are perfect, and it's through Him that we can be made perfect. And it all started with a baby being born. :)

It's likely that I won't be updating this again before Christmas, so I'll say it now:

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment