It's amazing how quickly time goes, huh? I try to take advantage of the moments where I can savor how wonderful things are right now, because I know that I'll never get these moments back. And I'll never regret telling the people who mean the most to me too often that I love them. I'd rather do that than look back and wish I had told them more. I hope I've been able to relate that to them this last month.
Well, if you can believe it, it was one month ago today that I gave birth to David! To me, it feels like this past month has flown by - it feels like a blur. It doesn't really feel like a whole lot has changed since we brought him home, but here's a recap of how he's doing.
- I'd give an update of his stats, but we don't go see the doctor again for another week. Bummer. I know he's gotten heavier though because he FEELS heavier. We'll just have to see how much he's grown.
- David is filling out. His fingers and toes aren't so much wrinkly as they are just long and skinny now.
- He wakes up more often now, which is fun. I can tell his personality is probably going to be different than Andrew's because he's so quiet all the time, and is just content to be. Andrew let you know what he was feeling from pretty early on, and he was vocal about it too. I'm looking forward to seeing David start to show that personality more as he stays awake longer and longer.
- He's already gotten sick! I think he has a little bit of a cold that's been going around our house. I can't say I'm too surprised - with Jason being a Spanish medical interpreter and having Andrew as an older brother (he gets into everything!!!), it was bound to happen. Yay for a runny nose and sneezing!
Here's the beautiful boy, wide awake, earlier today:
Notice that he's just as bald as Andrew was? At least David's hair is a little darker so you can tell he really DOES have some!
And here's another cute picture for you to enjoy:
Andrew started refusing to take his afternoon naps a few months ago, the ending of which made me VERY sad. But yesterday and today, he's fallen asleep on the couch of his own free will! It happened rather suddenly too, because he was sitting there talking to me one second and the next second he was out. Wow. I'll take it! And now both of the boys are sleeping peacefully as I write this. This is the first time I've been able to relax while I've been home alone with both boys since David's been born! Hurray!
I'm starting up the 30 Day Challenge again, since it's been long enough since I've last done it!
Day 17 - Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
This is actually pretty hard. When I was younger, I used to wish I was someone else - someone taller, skinnier, prettier, more popular... just because I thought their life would be so much better than mine was. Now that I'm older, I've realized that everyone has their difficulties and struggles, and just because you don't see them doesn't mean they don't exist. Also, because I'm me and not someone else, I'm free to make my own choices the way I want to make them. Who cares if I'm not popular, or the most beautiful person in the world? At least I can be me, and that's all I want.
Here's another quote for you that I found that goes along with that: "There is only one you for all time. Fearlessly be yourself." -Anthony Rapp
Secret: I have a hard time with change. When it comes to making life-altering decisions, sometimes I'll try to go with the one that means the least change just because I find it easier to deal with, even if it may not be the best choice. I wish I was a little bit stronger, bolder, or braver so that I could make the very best decisions for me and my family all the time without fearing how different things will have to be from how they currently are.

one month with a newborn flies while one month pregnant lasts forever (especially if its your last). congrats making it through both! your sleeping boys are cute.
ReplyDelete