This last week, we went to Dallas, Texas, so that Jason and I could attend UT-Dallas' open house for their school of public health. And fortunately,we didn't get lost. At least not on our drive there and back. While we were there is another story! ;) My parents drove down with us so we could make a sort of vacation out of it. The drive there and back was long, but Andrew and David did really well; I was surprised by how well they did. Here are some pictures from the drive:
We were able to spend some time with old room mates and with one of Jason's cousin's family while we were there. It was good to spend time with them. Jon and Stephanie were both room mates of ours when we were dating, and they ended up getting married to each other too! We hadn't been able to see them for almost two years, and we hadn't seen Jason's cousin Mark or his wife Lisa since last summer.
The weather was beautiful on the way down and while we were there. It was another story on the way back! It started raining early on the second day driving, and later in the afternoon it started snowing BIG snowflakes. The snowflakes might as well have been snowballs, they were that big. And of course I drove through the worst of all the weather. That's alright. I like driving. :)
Ok, now the moment you've all been waiting for - the open house and our decision! The open house went great... at first. Only two other potential students showed up. Professors came, described the research they were working on, then left. They answered a few questions, and from their answers, it seemed like the responsibility to do everything was left up to the student; neither the professors nor the website were very helpful in figuring things out with housing, financial aid, or what being a student at the school was like.
Based on that, Jason will be attending...
Couldn't tell from my description of the open house, huh? We really wanted to like it because it seemed like things were so great there in Dallas, but it just didn't feel like it was a good fit. So, we're staying here in Columbus! Hurray! Now all we have to do is find cheap, safe, nice housing close to campus... Wish us luck!
Day 20 - Someone you see yourself marrying or being with in the future
Considering I'm already married, and I'm very happy with the decision I made pertaining to who I married, I think this one is answered already!
I used to think about this a lot before I got married though. I used to wonder what his name would be, what he'd look like, where he'd be from, what he'd be like. I pretty much struck gold when I met Jason, and fortunately, he felt the same way about me.
Secret: I used to dye my hair a lot, mostly getting highlights. For a period of time, my hair was a really light brown because I kept getting more and more highlights for so long. When I started college, I didn't have the money to keep up my hair, so my highlights started growing out. It looked awful, so I attempted to dye my hair back to its natural color. My hair was black after I was done! I had grabbed black dye instead of really dark brown! I looked like Snow White! It was pretty ridiculous.


Im excited for you guys! It is always the best feeling when you make a big decision like that and you can finally visualize your life for the next few years, instead of wondering where you'll be or where you're going. congrats!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your big decision and GOOD LUCK!
ReplyDeleteWhy do you have no pictures of Jon and Steph and Will??
ReplyDelete