"Someday is not a day of the week." -Unknown
Well, I've been putting off doing this update because so much has gone on over the past several weeks, and I'm dreading how much time it will take to upload all the pictures I really want to post. I'll try to make this short and sweet.
1. The boys had a doctor's appointment last month. At 2 1/2 years old, Andrew was 37 1/4 inches tall and 37 lbs, which are - you guessed it! - both 80%+. David, at 4 1/2 months, was 26 inches long and 15 lbs 10 oz. (Although, since it's been almost a month since then, he feels a lot heavier!) David's height was like 80%, and his weight was something like 60th. Just to give you an idea, at the same age, Andrew was 3 lbs heavier and a half inch longer than David. Yep, Andrew has always been huge! It's nice having a normal-sized baby, but because all I know is a big baby, sometimes I worry that David is too small! Silly me.
 |
| Andrew got a red-hot jaw breaker, and loved it! Can't you tell? |
 |
| David loves sleeping on mommy and daddy's bed! |
2. We went on a two-week vacation! We flew out to Washington State and hung out there for a few days with Jason's family. Then we drove to Utah for a family reunion in our new van! Jason's mom gave us her old one she wasn't using anymore. Yay! Afterwards, we drove to Las Vegas, where we stayed with Jason's oldest sister, Holly, and her family for several days. Brett, Holly's husband, is an ophthalmologist, and checked out my eyes while we were there. After years of having to wear contacts, he discovered that my right eye actually has 20/20 vision! Ridiculous! Who's ever heard of only needing contacts for one eye?
 |
| David and his cousin, Ryan. Ryan is 3 months older. |
 |
| All the people from our part of the family who went to the extended family reunion. The reunion was for all those who shared Joseph Wiley Nebeker and Annie Helen Lindsay as their parents/grandparents/great-grandparents. |
 |
| Shauna playing with David |
 |
| David with his cousin Laney, Holly and Brett's daughter. |
3. From Las Vegas, we drove ALL THE WAY back home to Ohio. Not in one day, but it was still a long drive. Fortunately, Shauna, Jason's sister, drove back with us, so it made the drive much more entertaining and a whole heck of a lot less stressful. Thank you Shauna! We stopped in Grand Junction, CO, and the next day drove allllll the way to Blue Springs, MO. While in Missouri, we stopped by Independence, Liberty Jail, and Adam-Ondi-Ahman, historical sites for the LDS church. Then we drove to Indianapolis for the night.
 |
| The boys actually traveled REALLY well, considering how much driving we did! |
 |
| Look at that happy face! |
 |
| I managed to take a pretty picture in Kansas! |
 |
| Totally rocking daddy's sunglasses in Adam-Ondi-Ahman. He had spit up all over his outfit, which turned out to be just fine because it was over 100* there that day! |
There's more, but I think I'll stop there for now. I'll talk about the rest of the trip and what we've been up to since then in my next post.
Secret: I love playing Super Mario Brothers on the Wii. In fact, I just beat the very last level of the 8th world by myself for the first time today! Pretty lame thing to be excited about, huh?
Yay, you posted! :) I probably check your blog way too often to see if you posted, so I'm happy you finally did, haha! Your drive across the country sounds like an adventure, I can't believe you did it with two little kids and survived. Good for you guys! I hope to never have to do that. :) And I love that you beat super mario brothers, that's totally something worthwhile to be happy about!
ReplyDeletethat sounds like an amazing trip! seeing family is the best. and guess what? we are alike once again.. haha i only need a contact in one eye too! only its my left eye that is 20/20.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun adventures!!!
ReplyDeletewe can barely drive home from church in one piece! good job making it back alive!
ReplyDelete