Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sick + My Boys + Book Reviews

Hermione: "Now if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us all killed. Or worse, expelled."
Ron (to Harry): "She needs to sort out her priorities." -From the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone movie, based on the book by J.K. Rowling

The movie quote has to do with my secret...

Sick :(

We haven't been up to a whole lot lately. Earlier this week, we all came down with the same bug - some sort of stomach virus. It wiped us out for a few days.

What I will say about those days: we were very well taken care of. Thanks to great visiting teachers and friends, we were able to get through those couple days as well as could they could be, given the circumstances. We are very blessed.

All of us are feeling much better, except for David. He keeps surprising us. He seems to feel well all day long, until around 6 or 7. He gets really fussy, we think he's hungry, we feed him (a lot), and then... he throws up. It's been that same pattern for the last two nights in a row. :( He was given a priesthood blessing a few nights ago, so hopefully he'll be feeling better tonight.

No pictures of that, because I'm sure you wouldn't want to see them, even if I had them.

My boys...

Are getting big. Andrew will be THREE in a little more than a month. David is 9 months old! Ahhh! I want to keep them like this:



I think it's pretty obvious which one is which... But humor me, ok? Also, David has his 9-month wellness appointment tomorrow, so I'll update with how big (or not big) he's gotten over the last couple months.

On a completely different note...

I know I keep talking about books. Sorry if it's not interesting for you, but I love them. :) If you could care less, stop reading now.

I had some fun money to spend on whatever I wanted, so I bought a book online. It's one of my favorites. This is the book:

Click HERE for the Goodreads summary

I've read this sucker probably 5 times over the last couple years. I LOVE it. If you like Jane Austen novels, and especially if you like the long BBC version of Pride and Prejudice (you know, the one with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy), then you'll like this book. I just can't even gush about it enough. (Have I mentioned that she's coming out with a sequel? Or that she's made Austenland into a movie that's coming out sometime next year [I think]? Ahhhh!!!!)

Ever since finishing this, I've wanted to watch this:


And I've wanted to read this:


And read all of Jane Austen's novels and all the movies based on them. Oh, if only my children would let me! Maybe I'll have to watch them every night after they're in bed until it's out of my system. *sigh*

Another book I read lately is this one:

Click HERE for the Goodreads summary
Talk about a depressing book. I know the title doesn't make it sound like it would be, but I was crying the entire time. This one was worse than Charly, and I can't read the book or watch the movie again because the story makes me so sad. So. I guess you can read it if you feel like crying. Or, if you're like me and read books to make you happy, DON'T read this one. Just as a warning.

Next on my list: The Secret Journal of Brett Colton and it's sequel, When the Bough Breaks by Kay Lynn Mangum. After I've read this book (finally!!!!!!):


Secret: I've recently realized that I've become one of those people who could spend all their time (and I seriously mean all day) on the computer. I need to take a step back and look around and spend time in the REAL world, or I'm going to start missing things. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment