Saturday, October 29, 2011

Books & Trunk or Treat

"When witches go riding,
and black cats are seen,
the moon laughs and whispers,
'tis near Halloween."
-Author Unknown

Our ward had their Trunk or Treat on Wednesday, and it was pretty fun! Jason, David and I didn't dress up, but Andrew was pretty cute in his costume. There was chili and cornbread to eat first, then a costume parade (that we all walked in, because Andrew didn't want to do it alone), and then the trunk or treat. Here is a picture of Andrew in his costume:


It was the cheapest costume ever! I got the idea from Pinterest, pinned here. All we did was dress him in a button-up shirt, sweatpants, and a big beanie. I put gray eyeliner on his face like a beard (which is rubbed off right around his mouth, haha), and wrote out the sign. The funny thing is, we didn't have any string to hold it up around his neck with, so we used dental floss. Haha, oh, how creative you have to be when you're poor! I'm excited to see how everyone reacts when we take him around my parents' neighborhood for trick or treating on Monday.

Again, I have to tell you about a couple books. I love to read (like, really), and this one was recommended to me by a friend from our old ward:

Click HERE for the Goodreads summary
I loved it! Then I read the second book in the series, and I loved it even more. I'm looking forward to the third book's publication (Spell Bound, expected to be published March 13, 2012).

Click HERE for the Goodreads summary
Also, my mom, sisters, and I went to Time Out For Women a couple weekends ago, and my mom bought me this book:

Click HERE for the Goodreads summary
Loved it. I can't help but love a foreign love interest - especially Italian!

Secret: I always secretly hoped that some foreign man with a delicious accent would fall in love with me. *sigh*

3 comments: