I haven't updated for a while, for good reason. I have a serious lack of pictures from the last two weeks. Also, we've been busy. We've spent time with friends and family, celebrated two holidays, celebrated a birthday, planned and carried out a Christmas program for our ward's sacrament meeting (with a few hitches along the way that nearly gave me a heart attack each time), went to an NHL hockey game, had a doctor's appointment, went caroling THREE times, taught a young women's lesson...
And now I think I'm suffering from a serious holiday hangover. After all the anticipation and exciting things, it's back to the normal everyday stuff, and it's a little depressing.
Alright, enough of that! On to happier things!
My mom works for the local newspaper here, and through the company got free tickets to our hockey team's game last Tuesday. We played the Calgary Flames, and lost after overtime and a shoot-out. It was really exciting! We had unbelievable seats too - third row from the ice! I had never been to any sort of hockey game before, and since then I've been in a hockey-mood. I watched the first Mighty Ducks movie, and if my older sister didn't have the next one, I would've watched that one too. I'm going to have to watch Miracle here in the next few days as well.
![]() |
| The view from our amazing seats! |
We celebrated his birthday on Saturday with my family. Between Christmas and his birthday, he's been spoiled with all the stuff he's received! After eating pizza for lunch, cake for dessert, and opening presents, we went to the zoo to see the lights. Here are some pictures:
![]() |
| Carrie took this great picture on her iPhone. It's his new shark hooded towel. He thinks it's a dinosaur. Haha. |
| Sitting on the polar bear statue with Grandpa B |
| Sitting on the rhino statue with his Aunt Carrie |
Unfortunately, I didn't take ANY pictures from Christmas (how lame, right?). Christmas was actually pretty stressful and busy this year, so it's not too unexpected. We went to my parents' ward in the morning, opened presents, ate, then went to my ward. I would've skipped my ward, but being the choir director and then being in charge of our Christmas program that all but fell apart previous to Christmas day, I couldn't miss it.
Ummmm... I don't really have anything else to say. I hope your holidays have all been wonderful!
Secret: We introduced the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang to Andrew a few days ago, and now I have the songs stuck in my head. The songs are pretty catchy, even if they are cheesy. I used to LOVE that movie as a little kid! What are some of your favorite childhood movies?


No comments:
Post a Comment