Thursday, January 26, 2012

Not Much to Say (let the pictures/video do the talking!)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

Well, I'm not staying quiet. I'll let you think what you may.

Not that there's a whole lot to say. Jason's started school again at the beginning of this month, and he's been keeping busy between that and his two jobs. Andrew, since turning 3 at the end of December, has turned into even more of a handful (can we say talking back?), and David is now walking. Ahhh!

No, I have not started my resolution to begin running/getting in shape.

But, I HAVE started on another resolution. I didn't tell you about it because it completely counters my other resolution: become a better cook/baker. Now, I'm not saying I'm terrible, because I'm not. I just have my favorite things I make, and I make them consistently without a lot of variation. Mostly because we have no money and I know that we can afford what we've been eating. But I've decided that one way to improve is to  try making new food and treats. Mostly the treats. :)

I've made these:
Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
and these so far:
Carmelitas

Alright, I also made this, but I don't count it because the cheesecake batter came ready-to-eat in a tub:
Easy Oreo Cheesecake
Yum!

Oh, have I mentioned I made these a few months ago?
Rolos Cookies
Aaaand... they were wonderful.

Is your mouth watering yet? Because mine waters every time I see those pictures!

If I don't start exercising soon, I'm going to get really fat. And I'm probably going to enjoy most of the process.

Looking back over the last few months of posts, I've been neglecting my boys. I spend just about every moment with them, and I want to show you some recent pictures of them. They are so cute! I may be biased, as their mother, but I just can't help myself. I love their darling faces.

Kinda a creepy picture, I know, but the smile he has on his face is a REAL one!

There's a story behind this picture. I took a picture of him like this TWICE after asking him to say cheese. My phone is a little slow taking pictures, so I guess this is the face he makes after saying "Cheese!"

David is walking! He walks with his arms up, just like that, and he does this old-lady stomp thing with his legs. It's hard to describe; you just have to see it.

What a cute smile!

My little baby boy is growing up!

The boys are 1. playing together, 2. both in the picture, and 3. both smiling. It's a miracle!
Just FYI, at Andrew's 3-year wellness checkup on his birthday at the end of December, he weighed 41 lbs and was 39 3/4 inches tall. BIG boy! He was exactly the same at a WIC appointment last week. David, at the WIC appointment, was 21 1/2 lbs (ish) and 29 inches tall. They didn't give me percentiles for David, but I'm pretty sure he's just about average with everything, probably a bit skinny, but I'll take him like that!

Oh, and here's a video for your viewing pleasure. Andrew kept pressing a button on their play keyboard that played a short song, and wanted David to dance with him. Until it ended! (Sorry it's sideways... I don't know how to turn it!)


Secret: I have a big pile of CLEAN laundry that has been sitting on the floor in our bedroom, just WAITING to be folded, for over a week. Isn't that sad? Doing the laundry isn't hard for me; it's folding it and putting it away!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! And you have to tell me which of those recipes were your favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are growing up. They are very cute. I "pinned" an article on kids talking back on pinterest that I am going to try with Joshua and Mason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! My laundry is hard to fold and put away too...I actually think it's pointless. My husband, however, does not, so I do my best to get it done. :)

    The food you made looks so yummy!! I'm having an all out cooking day today so it only motivates me to cook more!

    ReplyDelete