Thursday, March 29, 2012

30-Day Challenge - Day 1

"We must accept life for what it actually is - a challenge to our quality without which we should never know of what stuff we are made, or grow to our full stature." -Robert Louis Stevenson

Remember how I said I would try to blog more often? And how I said I would try to find a 30-day blogging challenge thing to help me? Well, I found TWO. Some of them have the same things, but oh well. I'll start with the first challenge. Here's all the stuff I'm going to be posting about, hopefully every day for the next 30 days.


Day 1 - Five ways to win my heart


Well, maybe my hubby should be the one to write this one, since he already won me over (and keeps doing it every day), but here goes.

  1. Take me on fun, planned dates. This was a lot easier when we were single, and now that it's more difficult, it means even more to me.
  2. Surprise me. It doesn't have to be with gifts or anything (although those are always fun!), but coming home from somewhere to a living room that's been picked up. Giving the boys baths without being asked. Offering to make dinner instead of me making it.
  3. Hang out with me for a while every day. At this point, Jason's school work and jobs take up a lot of time, and when he sets those aside for a while to just be with me and hopefully do something fun, it's really important to me.
  4. Show integrity. Don't be kind to just me or people you like, but be nice to everyone. A man who sticks to his standards (especially if they're not popular) is attractive, in my eyes.
  5. Come on, let's be honest - he has to buy me CHOCOLATE!!! Haha. I'm not joking.
That was fun. :)

Yesterday was LONG. I babysat for the little girl I watch sometimes, which went well. Except that I had 50 cupcakes to bake, frost, and decorate while she was here. She's kinda clingy, so that was difficult, but I did it. 

Then, because I put it off out of laziness, I had to do a lot of laundry. What is it about kids (that are around a year old) and ruining piles of folded laundry? If it's not folded, it's not a big deal, but do they want to play with it then? No, of course not! They wait until I've spent 10 minutes folding, and then it's demolished. Ahhhh!

*Ok, rant on that OVER*

I'm in the Young Women's program at church, and our New Beginnings was last night, hence all the cupcakes. We also had to be there earlier in the day to set up last-minute things, and get all dolled-up because the theme was Red Carpet. It was stressful and nerve-wracking, but in the end, it turned out really well! When it was all over and cleaned up, I was relieved.

And now, I get to babysit today and work on our neglected apartment. Wahoo! Oh, the life of a stay-at-home mother!

Secret: I want lots of art hanging up on our walls. And fresh flowers on our table all the time. I want our place to look homey. Someday, we'll have enough money to make those dreams reality, right?

2 comments:

  1. ooh i am with you on the wall art and flowers thing. first i'd like my own walls and table to put it on...but definitely someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to follow in your footsteps and do the 30 day challenge. It sounds awesome! And you can create your own art or if you have an idea for something, I'd be more than willing to paint/draw/whatever for you. Seriously, I need the practice.

    ReplyDelete