Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ugh.

"Mediocrity will never do. You are capable of something better." -Gordon B. Hinckley

I've fallen into a blogging trap.

  1. I feel like my life is so mundane and repetitive that I don't have anything to blog about.
  2. And then, VOILA! A bunch happens all at once! Which is wonderful! ...but then I don't want to take the time to blog about ALL the stuff I did.
  3. ...and then, my life is boring again. *sigh*
Hence the lack of update-age.

Rest assured that we're:
  1. all still alive.
  2. happy and healthy.
  3. actually HAVE been up to a lot the last week and a half! Thank heaven for Ohio State's spring break!
Sometimes I feel this weird pressure to blog, and then to make it this fantastic update with a thousand pictures, entertaining quotes from my life, and show off my witty and wonderfully talented side. Do any of you feel the same pressure?

Well, here we go.

I've been busy with my boys at home, babysitting, taking Andrew to this bounce house in Worthington, having Andrew go to preschool, teaching preschool, teaching lessons in Young Women's, giving talks, coordinating a duet for church, attending meetings to make sure New Beginnings for YW goes off without a hitch, getting rid of a nasty diaper rash, keeping inside because we're all sick, going to the zoo twice, going outside in the beautiful spring weather, eating a GINORMOUS cream puff, eating too much chocolate, going to the gym (to work off the chocolate, hello!), getting to have my mother-in-law in town and entertaining her, driving to North Carolina and back to see my brother-in-law and his adorable family...

Ok, so it sounds like I've been up to a lot...

Speaking of the gym, I'm actually really enjoying it. I drop the boys off at the kids' play area, and go work out without worrying about them at all. I can just focus on what it is I'm wanting to do. I wish I was able to go more often, but having one car and a very busy hubby makes it a little difficult.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from the last bit of life:

We went to the Columbus Zoo with my dad, and David loved playing on one of their playgrounds.

They had this outside of Schmidt's, a restaurant in German Village where we got our huge cream puffs.

Would you believe me if I told you they both were playing Angry Birds? I'm not lying! We got Jason's mom hooked on the game while she was here, thanks to Andrew's love of the game.

Some of the beautiful blooming flowers on the trees in North Carolina.

We went on a couple hikes in North Carolina, and this particular hike had an amazing view!

We even caught a street bearing the name of my hometown in downtown Asheville, North Carolina!
I'm attempting to look for some sort of "challenge", where it gives you things to write about on your blog every day for however many days. Maybe if I did that, I would be more on top of this blogging thing....

Secret: I LOVE to drive. I've told you about my speeding habits (whoops!), but really, I just love being behind the wheel and having that control. Pretty much 99% of the driving we did on our trip to/from/in North Carolina was done by me. Jason drove a total of maybe 10 minutes (and it's about 7 1/2 hours one way). I loved it.

5 comments:

  1. Yay, you posted again! Never feel too "mediocre" to post, I like reading about your daily things as well as the big things, and you're a good writer! But I totally understand about feeling pressure to make a witty, funny, entertaining blog post and if I don't have the motivation for that then I kind of quit blogging for a while. It's funny that we feel this pressure, because it's our blogs and we should be able to write whatever the heck we want, even if it's boring or ordinary! Keep writing, I'll try to comment more often so you know I'm not bored by you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing! I love to read about your sweet and cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I've missed hearing your updates. Sounds like all is going well for you and the fam! Keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I have to agree with the other posts - LOVE your blog, sweetie:)

    The picture of Andrew with Grandma McBride is priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that I can catch up with my lovely niece and her family!! Melody, if you think you have little to blog about, try living my quiet life in Florida. Maybe one of these days I will join the blogger revolution with a blog of my own.

    ReplyDelete