Friday, May 11, 2012

New 30-Day Blog Challenge!

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Make the most of yourself... for that is all there is of you." -Ralph Waldo Emerson (again)

More quotes:

"Be yourself - not your idea of what you think somebody else's idea of yourself should be." -Henry David Thoreau

"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everyone will respect you." -Lao Tzu

And as a bonus for being MIA:

"Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else." -Judy Garland

I have the computer today. Hurray! It's funny. I thought iPhones were like computers you could make phone calls on, but really, it's just a phone you can do a few fancy-schmancy things on. Jason left the computer with me today, and I'm happy.

You know how I just finished a 30-day blog challenge? When I first told you I was going to do it, I found TWO 30-day challenges, so I'm starting the second one today. Now, since I'm not going to have the computer most of the time, I'll just do one day at a time whenever I update, no matter whether it's been a day or 5. Here's the list:


So, today being day 1, here goes!

Day 1 - Write some basic things about yourself.

Ok.

I was born and raised in Central Ohio. I went to college at BYU-Idaho. I met my husband at the beginning of my fourth semester there, and got married when I should've started my fifth (I deferred that fall semester, and ended up changing my track to winter/summer). We got married after 9 months of dating/being engaged, and had our first baby boy (Andy-Pants) a bit over a year later - 3 1/2 years ago. We moved a couple summers ago to Ohio, and had our second baby boy 15 months ago. Jason is getting his masters degree, and I'm a stay-at-home mom to my little monsters. Being a mom is hard, and I can't say I love EVERY single second of it, but when I'm having a hard time, I go to my room for a minute or two, breathe, and come back out with hopefully a better attitude.

I'm 5' 6" tall, I have straight brown hair that's a bit past my shoulders that's a LOT thicker when I'm pregnant. My eyes are brown. I weigh more than I want to, but I have a gym membership that I'm trying to use at least twice a week. I'm white. Like, almost albino. Haha. I get pimples on my face, I get food stuck in my teeth and snot wiped on my pants. I'm a normal, every-day person.

Sometimes I'd rather live in a book. And I read a lot. Some of my favorite books are the Harry Potter series, the Tiger's Curse series, books by Jane Austen, books by Shannon Hale (Especially The Goose Girl and Austenland), books by Sarah Dessen (especially Along for the Ride and The Truth About Forever)...

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It just about defines who I am. I'm not very confrontational though, about anything, so if someone has differing opinions from me, I probably won't say anything. So I guess you can say I'm shy. I used to be pretty outgoing before I got married, and since getting married, I've become a hermit. But I've always been non-confrontational. Maybe I'm weird, but I don't really like talking about things that are important to me that are controversial (religion, politics, etc) because I don't like people beating up on each other for the way they think, or the way they've been raised, or for what they think is right. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I'm going to keep my mouth shut so no one can get on my back for mine.

Ummmm... anything else?

Here's a picture of the boys before going to bed the other night:

I have such cute little boys!

Secret: Sometimes, I don't like having my nails painted. My fingers feel funny with polish on them. It's like they can't breathe or something. I know, that sounds crazy. And it is. I can't explain myself very well...

1 comment:

  1. I love you Melody. You're so open and honest about life. :) And it's true- your boys ARE cute!

    ReplyDelete