I'm doing this on my phone, so no quote or secret right now. I just wanted to write this down before I forget!
Andrew speaks really well, but there are a few words he still messes up, which is totally normal for a kid his age. One that I always notice is the word Together. The way he says it is really cute (and it's actually hard for me to say): to-deh-grr. You have to hear it.
David has also learned a few new words the last week or so. He now knows Grandpa (pa pa), night night (ni ni), and baby (ba beh). He has a baby white tiger that he calls baby. It's really cute.
Having kids, I've begun to realize how important words are: when we say them, how we say them, who we say them to. In my life, I've chosen to keep my language clean, but sometimes I still say things that aren't very nice. Andrew will sometimes say, "Mommy, don't talk to me like that!" and it's kind of a wake up call. It's something I'm going to work on in my life - using my words to not only teach my children to speak, but to lift other people up.
I have been thinking a lot about that lately too . I said Isaac was stupid when I meant he does things in a silly way. I realized them that he proudly understands everything and I need to improve my word choices
ReplyDelete