"The statistics on mental illness are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they are ok, it's you." -Rita Mae Brown
Oh yeah, it's definitely me! Haha, a random quote for a random post.
Holy smokers, it's been nearly a month since I updated my blog last! That's a long time!
Well, for two of those weeks, we were gone in Washington and Utah for family reunions. It was fun! I love spending time with family members we don't get to see a lot of during the year.
Andrew's still potty training. And doing terribly at it. I often wish there were people out there for hire that were professional potty trainers. Haha. I would pay just about ANYTHING right about now to just have this whole thing done. People say that out of the whole of parenting, potty training and teaching a kid to drive are the things they hate most, and now I totally get it. And when it comes to driving, even though I have no experience with teaching it to my kids yet, I think that the whole potty training thing is going to be much more hated in this house.
Ugh.
I've been kinda reflective lately. Not only did I find that old blog I told you about, but we had two different lessons about journaling at church in Young Women's in a row, so I've been on a journal-reading kick. I've read through two of my old journals, spanning from 1997-2001. I was so boy-crazy! And I was embarrassing. And socially awkward. FOR SO MANY YEARS! And really, I'm still socially awkward. But seriously. I wish someone had taken me under their wing and helped me! I keep thinking that I wish I could go back in time and do everything completely differently! But I also keep thinking that if I did that, I wouldn't be where I am now, with the people I love so much.
David broke his glasses the day we left for the family reunions, so we super-glued it back together in the hopes that it might last for two weeks. (Bear in mind that he'd only been wearing the glasses for a week and a half at that point, and they were already broken...) They lasted another day or two that way, and then they broke. Then we lost the earpiece. So those glasses are no more. :( We just got him some new ones late last week, but they're too big and won't stay on, so we need to get them adjusted.
Can't life slow down? There's only so much I can do!
Alright. Sorry about complaining/ranting/rambling a bit. Sometimes you gotta get those feelings out, right?
I'll post some recent pictures later.
Secret: I wish I could get a hold of some of my ancestor's journals. I would love to read about what their lives were like. I find that so interesting!
that's totally why i keep a blog, i find myself re-writing the exact things i just blogged about in my journal and this way i have pictures! it may annoy some people sow much i brag about my little boy but one day my ancestors will be grateful i did! ....i just need to save some money to print them out into books....
ReplyDeleteHaha. I feel the same way when I read my old blog (which I bothered to find thanks to you!). And I hope the potty training ends soon (with it being done, and not you telling your child he can wear a diaper the rest of his life).
ReplyDelete