Monday, June 17, 2013

To the Fathers in my Life

"I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren't trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom." -Umberto Eco, Foucault's Pendulum

I've learned a lot from my dad, mostly in moments when he wasn't trying to teach me anything at all. His example, his actions and reactions, his life has been a lesson for me as to how I should be living mine.

Happy Belated Father's Day!

These are two of the fathers who have had an influence on my life:

My wonderful dad! I have no idea what he's doing... Haha!
My handsome hubby! He was a fun uncle to his nieces and nephews, and then became a great dad to Andrew and David. I wouldn't trade him for the world!
I'm not gonna write anything mushy; I just wanted to quickly say that I know how blessed I am to have both of these men in my life, and that they've loved me and grown with me and helped me become the woman I am today.

Secret: I really don't like drinking milk. When I was young, my family went to visit my grandparents in Idaho one time. There was a big storm, and the electricity went out. I was really thirsty, so I got some milk. Maybe the milk was going bad, or maybe I was just getting sick anyway, but after I drank the milk, I felt sick and ended up throwing up. Ever since then, I really just don't like the thought of drinking milk. I have the same bad experience with someone else barfing after eating coconut... to this day I can't eat coconut. Bad associations taint my taste buds, I guess...

1 comment:

  1. Dads are pretty fantastic. And I love drinking milk. Probably too much. Haha.

    ReplyDelete