Thursday, December 17, 2015

I'm ready...

...for the first trimester to be over already.  This whole feeling sick all the time thing really sucks. Like currently, I'm sitting on the couch wrapped in a blanket, trying not to think too hard about how upset my stomach feels. Hence this lovely and wonderful distraction. I am 9 weeks 3 days along today, so if things go how they typically do with my morning sickness, I'll start feeling better in about... 4 weeks and 4 days?  Maybe a little longer? So February, I guess, is when I'll officially be out of the water.

Ugh.

I cooked today, which is kind of a big deal. And it was SOOOOO yummy. I made imitation Penn Station grilled artichoke sandwiches. Oh, I could eat those again right now and be perfectly happy. I'm actually salivating as I type. Seriously.

Ok, now I'm hungry. I might have to send Jason out to grab something for me... At least I can blame the baby for my cravings. So there's that.

I think I've taken my ability and the ability of my family to learn music quickly for granted. Like, way for granted. Especially because I married into a family that's even more musically gifted than my own. I'm playing the piano for a trio on Sunday, and fortunately for me, it's a song I've played several times and sung several times, so I know the song well. These girls had never heard it before, and they're seriously struggling. (Well, one more than the others, but she's singing the melody line, so...) I'm worried. The only group I've sung with recently has been Jason's family, and they whip together songs in a couple run-throughs, and ta-daaaaaa! The song sounds amazing! This... is not like that. Prayers would be very much accepted in our behalf, since we only have a few more before we have to perform it.

I came on here with something else specific I wanted to say, and now I can't recall what it was. It's like when you walk into a room and immediately can't remember why you went in there. *sigh* My brain is already fried. I'm in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment