I don't even know what to talk about. All I know is that I need to do better if this is going to be my "journal-ing place".
Hmmm... Well, let me see...
We spent Christmas last December with Jason's dad and stepmom. That was interesting. We were there for a total of 3 days, I think, and we were planning on staying one more day, but they both came down with some migraines or similar illnesses (due to the weather changing in their area near L.A., plus all the noise the boys made). We decided we'd leave early and let them recover from our visit in peace.
Andrew turned 7 just before New Year's last year. Instead of coming straight home from Dad and Rosie's house, we stopped to stay the night with Holly and Brett, Jason's sister and her husband. It was one of their kids' birthdays too, so we celebrated by going to Chuckie Cheese. Andrew LOVED it.
David turned 5 in February. I don't know that we were able to do much of anything special for him because his birthday was on a Tuesday and both he and Andrew had school, but oh well.
Jason turned 31 in June... I can't recall doing anything...
I'm not sure that anything exciting happened until July after that...
Wow. Pared down like that, our year hasn't been all that eventful!
Well, we DID have a baby in July! AND it was a girl! After all these boys, I was so excited! We named her Evelyn, a name I'd liked since I was young. I admit it - I started liking the name when I watched the movie The Mummy. *sigh* I think I'll always be a little embarrassed to admit that, but her character in the movie is this smart, brave woman, but the name Evelyn was as beautiful as she was, and her brother called her Evie, which I thought was a sweet nickname. So we call our daughter Evie. I think I'll do a separate post talking about her birth.
Then, in September (on our anniversary, actually), my sister Carrie got married! I am so grateful we lived close enough to be able to drive up there for the wedding. If we still lived in Kentucky, I'm sure we would've done everything in our power to be able to go, but I'm not sure if we'd have been able to afford it, especially considering the next thing I'm about to say:
Jason's sister, Shauna, who lives here in St. George, is getting married tomorrow! Again, I think it's been a huge blessing to be able to be here locally to be able to get to know Jarren, her husband-to-be, and to be here for the wedding. Jason and I keep talking about the fact that maybe that's the REAL reason we were prompted to move to this area - to be able to attend the weddings of our last unmarried siblings. That's right: after Shauna gets married tomorrow, we won't have any more weddings in the family until nieces and nephews begin to get married! Wow!
It's been an exciting few months!
Oh yeah, I also turned 30 a couple weeks ago. Woo hoo. Haha! But really, that's a true afterthought. I thought turning 30 would upset me or be this huge thing, but it feels exactly the same as being 29. How anticlimactic!
I think I'll end this entry now. I'm hoping that now that I'm not pregnant, the boys are back in school, and the last few months of crazy events is nearly finished, I'll be able to update more. *crossing fingers*
Here's a picture of Evie to tide you over:
![]() |
| This was taken when she was a month old. She is such a sweetheart! |

No comments:
Post a Comment