Saturday, December 20, 2008

Life update for ya! (Author: Jason)

As you may be able to tell by the background song ("Baby, baby"), our lives right now are very centered around that particular theme, and we are both very excited to welcome our son into our family. It's been fun trying to get ready for the big day in the hospital. We're looking forward to the many new adventures of parenting that lie ahead.

I've been blessed with the chance to spend a lot of time with Melody lately, since I have a new job. The weather has made it so that I cannot do landscaping anymore, and I have been able to get a job at Melaleuca: the wellness company, and I don't work (or travel :) for nearly as long as before. Since I only work 5 days a month, we've been able to spend a lot of time getting ready and also relaxing before the many responsibilities for us come ahead. Also, I'll be working the 5 days a month while I'm in school as well. I can't complain!

School starts on January 7th, and believe it or not, I'm actually very excited about some of the classes I'll be taking (like Advanced First Aid and Hospital Administration). My major changed recently from Spanish education to Health Science, with an emphasis in Public Health. My minor is still Spanish, so those classes still count for something. Since I don't have to do student teaching anymore, I will be able to graduate a few months earlier than when I had intended. I'm really happy that I figured out how to major in the health field w/o taking longer to graduate.

Just recently, I received a new calling at church. I am now the stake assistant executive secretary. It seems like I'll be working with many great leaders in our stake, and I'm curious as to what I can learn from them. Once school starts again, I'll have early-morning meetings every Sunday, and I'll have to arrive at church at 6:00 with the other secretary and others to get ready for the meeting at 7:00. Plus, I'll be speaking in a different ward every month, so I'll have lots of practice giving talks.

In short, life as I know it will change forever very soon. AHHHHHH! Just kidding, it will be good having more responsibilities and being heavily involved in things I enjoy and love (my family, church and new major).

No comments:

Post a Comment