Our little baby boy is now almost 4 weeks old! He's doing well, and Melody and I are adjusting very well to having Andrew to enjoy and take care of, relatively speaking. I'm surprised that we've been doing as good as we are, to be honest, and I don't say that to sound conceited. I have to admit though, it was such a huge help to have Melody's parents come and visit for two weeks, and they were able to enjoy their grandson and take care of him. It was a lot of fun to spend time with them. Thank you mom and dad very much! Also, Matt and Carolyn came to visit us this past weekend as well, and that was really cool, too.
Before Andrew was born, Melody and I tried to take life as easy as we could, because we knew that we'd be much busier once he was born. Melody has been a stellar mother and doing her best to take care of Andrew, and I've been helping. Right now I'm in school and I'm enjoying my classes very much. The different subjects are piquing my interest more than classes have ever before (with the exception of some of my Spanish classes), and I'm considering lots of career options and graduate programs. After talking with family, I'm even now looking into law school again (I gave it up awhile ago but now I'm reconsidering it). Homework isn't too terribly overwhelming yet, which I'm really appreciating at this time in life.
My calling of being the stake assistant executive secretary has been rewarding and time consuming. One responsibility I have is I'll get to speak in a different ward in our stake each month. Two weeks ago I spoke in my old married ward, and it was fun to see so many friends. I spoke about how the truth of God will continue to advance among people, and it turned out well. I'm looking forward to speaking every month in a different ward.
With big commitments lately, it was a stretch to join a barbershop quartet, but I did it anyway because I really miss singing. I sung with three very talented singers, and tonight we actually performed our song "My Wild Irish Rose" at the barbershop festival at a sold out concert here on campus. People cheered really loud for us, which was pretty sweet. One friend of mine even shouted out "Go Jason!" right before we sang, and I appreciated that. The audience laughed at the little funny things we did during the song to play it up. Even though it's all over now, we're talking about singing other songs just for fun every once in a while. That shouldn't take up too much time, right?
All in all, we're happy, and things seem to be going well for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment