Monday, September 28, 2009

Crazy

It's weird to think that Jason and I have been in Ohio for nearly a month. I'm loving being home with my family, and I can already tell that I'm going to miss everyone and everything when we leave to go back to Rexburg in December/January.

Anyway, not too much is going on here. We've been making apple pies with the apples we picked, we made a mess of the family room so that we could paint the walls - a task that needed to be done years ago, we've been watching all the Ohio State football games, we went out to eat with my mom for lunch today to celebrate her birthday during her lunch hour...

Most days are kind of the same, but that's what life is like when you're a mom, right?

Andrew turns 9 months on Wednesday. I can't believe he's been around that long already. Life, I admit, has not been easy since he was born. It's a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. Sometimes I take breaks from him, and I'm glad I do because I get the chance to miss him and remember that he's pretty much the most important thing to me in the entire world.

He's getting so big. Since we're not in Idaho, we're not taking him to a pediatrician for his 9-month appointment. I wish we had a scale so that I could weigh him! Everyone's always asking how much he weighs, and I just have to guess most of the time. 2 1/2 months ago he was 22 lbs 3 oz, so I'm assuming he's somewhere around the 24 lb mark because he gains 2 lbs every time we go back to the pediatrician's! It's ridiculous.

And he's getting so... old. I don't know how else to say it. He's saying mamamamama and dadadada and all sorts of other sounds. He rolls over, sits up alone, crawls, and pulls up on everything ALL the time. He hasn't quite figured out the cruising thing, but he's working on it. He just hasn't figured out that moving his legs is the fastest way to get somewhere. He's got his pincer grasp just about down and can grab his puffs and stick them in his mouth by himself. He's doing so much nowadays sometimes I wonder if he was ever not able to hold his head up. That feels like so long ago, and yet yesterday.

Life is crazy.

And here's my crazy 9-month-old baby, having fun with his grandma.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa, his head is still so huge! We gotta get together sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody! I'm so glad I found your blog! Your little guy is SO cute! How fun that you are back in Ohio...hopefully we'll see ya around Christmas time! Glad to see things are going good! :)

    ReplyDelete