Tonight I participated in a musical fireside. I'm a choir group called "From The Heart", and they give firesides just about every Sunday. I love singing in the choir, but I always feel slightly odd when we just hang out with each other or have to talk to the people we sing for, mostly because they're all single. I don't think I ever realized how different I am now that I'm married, and how differently single people look at me because I'm married (and especially when they find out I have Andrew). I don't think they even know they treat me differently, but they do.
The good thing is this: I love being married, and I find comfort in knowing that they all want to be married too! Haha.

Andrew is 14 months today. I really feel that since Andrew's turned a year old, the time has been flying by. I guess since little milestones don't happen quite as often (or aren't quite so fun!), I don't feel like I'm waiting around just waiting for things to happen anymore. Plus, he keeps me mighty busy along with all the other things I get to do with my life.
Let me see if I can find a recent picture of the dude. Uhh... nope. I haven't taken any for a while. Well, since I took the pictures during his bath last week. I used to take pictures of Andrew daily. I wonder how I'm going to do in the picture-taking department with the rest of my kids. They're all going to be so jealous because I've taken so many pictures of Andrew, and the rest of the kids are only going to have a fraction of the pictures taken of them, I'm sure. Isn't that how it always turns out? You have much more time to take pictures with the first one.
I was thinking about it earlier today (when I was wrestling Andrew during church) that I'm happy with Andrew exactly the way he is, but I wouldn't mind having a girl next. A girl that WANTS to sit in my lap during church. Is that even possible? Please tell me that I'm not just dreaming. Haha. Anyway, I know it's probably pretty close to impossible. :) But I also want a girl because I grew up with only sisters, and I know how to play with them better. Just watch. I'm going to end up having 6 boys, and I'll have to adopt to get a girl. That'd be pretty funny.
This afternoon, I attempted to take a nap, and I was interrupted 3 times. Yeah. That didn't turn out too well. I ended up more groggy in the end than when I had originally tried to go to sleep, but oh well. Doesn't life have to do that to you sometimes?
I think I've made it an internal goal starting today to be positive. I used to be happy just about all the time and nothing would really get me down. Now I have a difficult time with optimism. I think what happened is that life kinda got to me for a while, and pessimism became second nature to me. But no more! Life is to be enjoyed! Heavenly Father wants us to be happy. President Hinckley once said something that kinda stuck with me: Heavenly Father didn't send us here to fail. What comforting knowledge, especially when life sends you a curve ball. Or a lot of curve balls.
Ok. There's the end of my crazy entry. I hope you liked it!
Way to be positive! Sometimes it's hard for me to remember that happiness is a choice and a habit that I have to work on. It's hard!! And yes, there is hope- Emma is finally at a point where she loves just sitting on my lap and cuddling during sacrament. It's lovely! ;)
ReplyDelete