Monday, June 7, 2010

Advice, anyone?

Ok. I was wanting to do this yesterday while the frustration was still fresh, but I need to ask you guys for advice.

How on earth do you get your children to sit (or at least stay!) with you during sacrament meeting? For my life, I can't figure it out. For a little while, Andrew will be just fine, and then after the opening song, he just goes crazy! I don't remember the last time I was able to sit through more than half of sacrament meeting, much less the entire thing. I'm trying what some people have said, where their parents made it less fun in the hall than it is in the chapel, but he probably just thinks I'm torturing him, making him sit in my lap. I don't want him to hate sitting in my lap!

What should I do? Mind you, Andrew is huge and heavy and knows how to scratch!

*sigh*

Outside of that, We're surviving. I'm actually thinking I'm bearing the solitude of being home alone with Andrew a little better than normal. Jason worked a lot this past week and had long days at school, and with that discovery, it wasn't so bad toward the end. It just means movies, snacks, and going outside - whenever the rain stops...

This kid cracks me up:

Eating with a fork his size for the first time!

1 comment:

  1. My only thought is practice at home. Practice having quiet time and learning to do 'quiet" activities. And don't just take him in the hall - take him to an unused classroom and make him sit on a chair by himself. That way he doesn't hate sitting on your lap.

    ReplyDelete