Monday, September 20, 2010

Chocolate Pudding and Postponing

First off, Andrew has discovered the joy of chocolate pudding! I mean, he'll eat just about anything that's sweet, but he really loves that chocolate pudding! The evidence:


Quite a good look for him, I say!

I was supposed to go see the doctor today for the first time since the beginning of July. Nope. Not happening. This particular doctor's office doesn't want you coming in unless your insurance is taken care of completely and already in place. If you've ever worked with Medicaid, you know it takes a while. Well, we haven't quite turned in our paperwork for it yet. If you mail it in or just drop it off, it takes sometimes up to two weeks for them to even notice your paperwork! Not what I want. So I have to go in to the office when they open on Wednesday (my first chance to go), wait for a while to turn it in and receive a receipt, and then they have 10 days to approve or not approve me. Lovely, no? Well, I postponed my doctor's appointment for two more weeks, hoping that Medicaid will have approved me by then. Wish me luck!

PS. My birthday was... interesting. Jason made me breakfast and bed and gave me the movie Letters to Juliet. I also went to a jewelery party and didn't get anything. Those were the fun things. The bad: there was a huge storm that for about an hour I was worried was going to produce a tornado. It was quite scary!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Medicaid is a pain to get, but once you get it it's really nice to have! It pretty much paid for our entire pregnancy and delivery, hurray. We don't know how other people can afford to have kids without Medicaid. :)
    Oh, you live in tornado country, scary! My sister lives in West Virginia and they've had a couple of close calls with tornados coming to their area. I personally am terrified of tornadoes so I will probably live in Idaho my entire life, and then end up getting killed by a freak volcano or something! :)

    ReplyDelete